All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Packed Lunches
      #191918 - 07/05/05 02:13 PM
eniarnna

Reged: 06/30/05
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hello! I just wanted to let you guys know that I searched for grocery lists and the ones you guys compiled really helped me. I'm brand new to this and haven't recieved my Eating for IBS book yet so I wanted some pointers on what I can buy at the store while I wait. I am a little tight on the cash right now and I try to pack my lunch instead of eat out. So I was just wondering what some of you might pack. This would greatly help me out! Thanks a bunch! I'm really glad to have found this site!

--------------------
Raine
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Packed Lunches new
      #191920 - 07/05/05 02:19 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Tuna mayo (low-fat mayo) sandwich on white with cucumber (for good days), sliced avocado or homemade guacamole. Rice cakes. Slice of zucchini bread or an ADB. Soy milk shake carton. Some applesauce or tinned peaches in a little pot. That was my standard lunch!

#191924 - 07/05/05 02:24 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Hi! Welcome!

I'm a college student, and live 20 minutes from campus, so I pack enough food to last me all day when I have classes at night! Some usual stuff for me (though not necessarily all at the same time!):

*prepackaged cup of unsweetened applesauce
*muffin (homemade, check out the recipe board/index for ideas)
*pretzels, sometimes a small container of honey mustard to dip them in
*bagel with thin layer of peanut butter and thick layer of jelly/jam
*leftovers from dinner the night before
*brownie or two (I make No Pudge brownie mix brownies, you can find the mix at Trader Joe's, or Whole Foods, or a health food store like that, I make them with applesauce as opposed to the yogurt the box calls for)
*slice of veggie bread, such as spinach bread from the recipe board/index

Your best bet is leftovers from dinner the night before, and some of your favorite IBS-safe snacks!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#192043 - 07/05/05 08:04 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

I'm trying out some packed lunch stuff now, and I'll take some applesauce, lots of bottled water, some bread if I have it, and some fruit (like papaya). For main course, I've taken: soy yogurt, pasta with tofu, low-fat tuna salad...basically anything I can find that's IBS safe.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

#192046 - 07/05/05 08:10 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I always take my lunch to work. I call it a lunch but really I snack all day instead of eating it all in one setting.
applesauce cups (don't forget a spoon, it makes it difficult )
rice krispy squares
baked lays or pretzels
a sandwhich (usually turkey breast and mustard on fresh white bakery bread, I prefer low fat mayo but I don't like leaving it sitting/ soggy)
rice cakes
fruit to go bars
animal crackers

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#192063 - 07/05/05 10:37 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I always take a lunch to work too; well, it's kind of more like 4 or 5 small lunches ... Here's what I've been packing most days lately:

* A sandwich - vegan salami (or you could do turkey or chicken breast), french bread and mustard
* 1 or 2 Fruit-to-Go's (banana flavour), applesauce cups or a banana
* rice crackers or homemade baked potato "fries" (with white or sweet potatoes - surprisingly good cold!) dipped in hummus
* cup of minestrone soup (pre-pureed ) and a slice of french bread - we have a microwave at work so it gives me a few more options here

Other good snacks are rice cakes (if you can find ones made with white rice only, or if you're ok with brown rice), rice krispie squares, baggie of dry cereal (or get rice milk or soy milk in drink box containers and bring a bowl and spoon!)...

I also get a nice long lunch break so I usually come home and make myself food here - usually salmon, veggies and rice or, if I'm in a hurry, veggie dogs are nice and fast (if you have a microwave available, they take only minutes so they would be good to pack too; just steal some ketchup and mustard packs from a fast food joint somewhere lol!) Again, if you have a microwave, leftovers are always an option too!

Hope that helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1336 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1772

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review