All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
zelnorn question..please help
      #170251 - 04/15/05 02:43 PM
ebrbetty

Reged: 03/31/05

hi everyone, well after 4 weeks of severe stomach pain,a colon cleansing and doing everything my gastro recommended I still can't eat anything with out crying because of the pain,gas and bloting.
about 1 1/2 hours ago I took my very first zelnorm,and just now had terrible Diarrhea,my bellys going crazy and I feel a little drugged. I thought I read somewhere that getting Diarrhea is common with this med for the first few days? does this seem right to those of you who have used it?
thanks very much
hugs,Betty

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: zelnorn question..please help new
      #170272 - 04/15/05 05:51 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm sorry you're still so miserable and wish I could be more help than I'm going to be.

I don't take Zelnorm, but if you don't want to wait for someone more knowlegeable to come along, you can try doing a Search for "Zelnorm". When I first started posting someone told me that the Boards were quieter on weekends than on weekdays, so if you're in a hurry the Search might give you info quicker.

You might also want to look for "colon cleansing". I think you'll find there is some strong sentiment that it can make things worse rather than better for some people.

And I'm glad to see you on the Boards again. Welcome back.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#170274 - 04/15/05 06:13 PM
ebrbetty

Reged: 03/31/05

thanks very much sand I appreciate you taking the time tp reply to me,I will do a colon cleansing search,good idea.
The severe D lasted 4 hours but it did stop most of the pain. like you said hopefully someone whos used zelnorm will see this post,the problem is it gets buried so fast. are we allowed to "bump" here?
thanks again
Betty

#170275 - 04/15/05 06:53 PM
Sand

I'm glad you're feeling better. Aren't new medicines exciting?

Even though you're no longer in desperate need of immediate advice about Zelnorm, I'd still recommend trying the Search on it. It's amazing how much information is out on the Boards.

I've seen people bump so I assume it's okay.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Could some Zelnorm-savvy person please help here? (more) new
      #170563 - 04/17/05 09:05 AM
Sand

I wasn't much help on Friday night and I'm afraid this got buried in the Volatile landslide. Even if Betty found the info on Zelnorm with her Search, I'd still like someone who knows about Zelnorm to let her know not everyone is as clueless as I am - and provide some moral support.

Thanks!

--------------------

#170596 - 04/17/05 02:09 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'd like to see what people say too, I just started it yesterday. i'm not pure liquid, but I'm definitely rumblier and going a lot more! But, it's giving me cramps. Odd!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#170635 - 04/17/05 04:57 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

HI! I took Zelnorm for about three to four weeks. I am normally C and the first day I took it I had D very bad that night. Things calmed a bit after that, but I noticed that every 3 days I would have a spell with D. I also noticed that it made my colon spasm during the day on the left side. It felt like little butterflies! It almost reminded me of when I was pregnant and started to just feel the baby kick. Some people have had a lot of luck with Zelnorm, but I personally did not. My doctor told me I would have D the first two to three days being on it but that it should go away. However mine didn't! Hope that helps!!

Zelnorm is for constipation predominant IBS.... new
      #170687 - 04/17/05 07:38 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I asked my doctor about it but being a D he said not to touch it with a 10 foot pole as it helps C'ers go therefore if you're an A or a D you get lot's of D. It's doubtful it will stop. HTH.

--------------------
Amy

#170751 - 04/18/05 05:13 AM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

Hi welcome to the boards!! Sorry I didn't see this sooner - was a busy weekend..and now my girls have off for Spring break. I love zelnorm. I use it for my pain-predominant IBS. Yes, I have IBS-C. I did get D for a couple of days. I have been on it since October. I love it.

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

#170756 - 04/18/05 05:53 AM
melissam

Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I used Zelnorm and did get the diarrhea for the first couple of days. But this eventually did go away.
Melissa

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14135

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review