All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Itching like crazy! new
      #107247 - 09/21/04 10:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Two nights ago I had a major rash...and now I have one again! Can yoiu get a rash from sugar? How about gluten? I know I read fibro can give people rashes. Should I tell my doc about this or do you think it's no biggie? thew rashes are red with white welts/hives.

Thaks guys!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Itching like crazy!
      #107249 - 09/21/04 11:17 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hi Ruchie--

I got one of these recently too, after I'd started some new meds. Did you recently start/go off of any medication? I took Zoloft for 6 days, but had to go off of them because I got a rash on my arms and legs.

Also stressful situations cause them too. When you get that "no way out" feeling and then boom! There they are! Little red dots all over!

My boss was using my office and yelling over the phone at someone right in fromt of me, and I had a little anxiety attack (tight chest feeling, shallow quick breathing, flushing face) and ZING! Red dots!

Anyway, sound effects aside, it can totally happen. The good news is you take some benedryl and they go away over the course of about a week (for me). Anything like that happen?

All my best--

~nelly~

Re: Itching like crazy! new
      #107269 - 09/21/04 12:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Ruchie,
Sounds like an allergic reaction to something. Could be something you ate or a med you took or could be something external like a new lotion or the laundry soap you use. Things like MSG, strawberries, peanuts, yes wheat, eggs are common food allergies that cause itching and hives.

As Nelly said, taking a Benadryl or other antihistamine will stop it and help it go away. Also a cortisone cream OTC from the drugstore can help. Also Solarcaine or Lanacane spray can help stop the "itching like crazy"!

But it's an indication that you might have a worse reaction to whatever it is next time. I think you should try to figure out what's triggering it and mention it to the doctor next time you see him.

Feel better hon!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#110487 - 10/05/04 04:19 AM
mjbonsais

Reged: 10/05/04

I have Microscopic Colitis and gluten sensitivity and I get hives/red dot looking rash from time to time too. I think stress can cause this reaction as well as foods or even preservatives in them. Maybe shampoo, detergent or lotions?
Mine goes away within a week too. I am so hoping it is not DH like some celiac persons get. Mine don't get big blisters nor do they break open and crust over. You are not alone! Take care, Mary Jo

#110582 - 10/05/04 02:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi Mary Jo!

Thanks! Well, the itching has mostly stoppped. I think my nightgown made it worse and I think it was the anti I was on.

What's microscopic colitis?

Thanks again!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 244 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1553

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review