Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Let's Get Together!

Pages: 1
Winamp

Reged: 02/08/12
Gastric Reflux with IBS
      #366829 - 02/08/12 03:41 AM

Hi, my name is Jaki and I was wondering if there are any other people out there who have IBS as well as Gastric reflux. I've been trying to battle both for 1 year and two months now, and I'm still finding it extremely hard to cope. I even have gastric reflux to the point I vomit frequently, although it's gotten alot more under control in the last 3 months. I would be really cool to find out I'm not alone on this, and if anyone else with both problems could give me some useful recipes and advice. thanks for your time

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dee5

Reged: 01/15/12
Loc: Colorado
Re: Gastric Reflux with IBS new
      #366834 - 02/08/12 02:18 PM

Hi Jaki, I suffer from IBS. I am on everything Heather has recommended, but I am suffering from more than just IBS & continue to be underweight and fairly miserable. My 2 close friends, nurses, have told me to try hydrochloric acid tablets. I'm not producing enough on my own which can cause GERD, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, gas. I'm to the point where I have to put some weight on and be able to function in the world. I've been on them for 3 days & am increasing the dosage AFTER I eat(important)along with a proper diet, acacia, etc. Things are getting better. I have researched quite a bit on this & see this can be common for people with IBS. Hope this helps

Winamp

#366840 - 02/09/12 11:00 PM

Thank you so much, I'm planning on going to the GI doctor on wendesday and I will deffinately put that in my notes to my doctor. Any info helps tramendously, I was also wondering if you wouldn't mind corresponding with me on a fequent basis, because I don't know anyone else with our problems, so I kinda feel alone it this, if you have anymore info that you think is helpful or some helpful recipes that would be awsome. Also if you need any recipes I do have some and am continuing to find more that goes with our dietary needs and would be more than willing to send you any as well. Thanks again so much! and hope to hear from you soon,
Jaki

Winamp

#366841 - 02/09/12 11:06 PM

I also understand your loss of wieght problem, and I am also underweight. I'm getting two pho recipes from my mother, it's a veitnamse dish with rice noodles and is really great for digestion, when I get them for my mom, I can give them to you if you would like. When I first found out I had IBS and Gastric reflux I was vomitting contantly for 6 months, and pho was one of the only things I could stomach and keep down. This recipe might help you as well on the days when you feel to sick to eat from nausa. It really does help a lot, let me know if you would like that recipe. Also I can give you some recipes that might help you gain some of your wieght back that is good for your IBS I'll look for as may as I can find, and just let me know if you want them k

Dee5

Reged: 01/15/12
Loc: Colorado
      #366844 - 02/10/12 02:16 PM

Hi Jaki, I hope your Dr. appt. went well. Medical Drs. haven't been able to help me as much as my own research and my medical friends who agree with the alternative medical approach also. That is how I came upon the hydrochloric acid. I came upon a good website that explained more about how to take it which has helped. One of my friend's mother's was literally dying, down to 87 lbs but did not have IBS. She felt like her food was just sitting in her stomach, which is how I feel; it just wasn't digesting. She went to a Dr. here in CO and he said that is exactly what is happening and put her on hydrochloric acid. She is now 130 lbs and doing great. We just don't digest our food the same way. I have IBS, but I also have more digestive problems. This Dr. leaned more toward alternative medicine. If you look up IBS and hydrochloric acid on the web, you will find quite a bit of research, but what I found most important is not to take it until after you eat 30 - 45 minutes later and slowly increase the dosage. I will find the website that was helpful and send it to you. I have not vomited but do have reflux that will come into my mouth but lots of heartburn.I will get back to you. Hope you have a good day Jaki. Symptoms are the same for those who don't make enough hydrochloric acid in their own body vs those who make too much so it's hard to diagnose. Dee Ann

Zak

Reged: 02/23/12
      #366922 - 02/23/12 05:26 PM

Hi,

I totally feel your pain and frustration. I have been battle acid reflux for years and the two together is very hard to deal with. I try to drink only Alkaline water and that seems to help it calm down. I try not to overeat when I find a food that agrees with my stomach. You can also try DLG Licorice and foods that high in alkaline ash and low in acid ash. It is not easy for me because I have an extremely limited diet, but if you can eat a varity of foods you can do a search on alkaline rich foods and incorporate thoses into your diet, eating mostly those foods. Good Luck:)

JKP

Reged: 10/25/11
Loc: North Carolina
      #366954 - 03/01/12 12:33 PM

I have just started with the reflux. I had it years ago but them some of the OTC meds has helped it. I had an Endoscopy years ago and was told I had a narrow esophagus. So we are doing the procedure next week. They can stretch it if it needs to be. I am a retired nurse and worked with patients that had this done and it has really helped them. Also make sure you put your bed up on blocks at the top or sleep on two pillows, this does help. I got an up/down bed about 12 years ago and that has really helped.

vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME
      #367244 - 04/13/12 08:16 AM

I've had both IBS and GERD for nearly 30 years. I really suffered with the GERD until the PPI's (Prilosec, etc.) came out. That's the only thing that controls it - previously I was on Zantac 150 3x a day and still had reflux. Prevacid doesn't work as well for me, Nexium worked great but gave me side effects. I've tried going off Prilosec and trying natural solutions (DGL, orange peel, etc.) since I'm concerned about the long term effects but after a few months I go back to it - I end up with not only reflux but a burning sensation throughout my entire GI tract. Very miserable, as I'm sure you know. I haven't come up with any better solution.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Diagnosed w/ SIBO and food sensitivities 2010

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10081

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design