Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Crohn’s Disease and Colitis Board Discussions

Pages: 1
melissa23

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Arkansas
Spoke too soon
      #135974 - 01/07/05 06:48 AM

Just when I think I am feeling better, just when I think things are starting to improve I hit a brick wall that is stopping me from my progress. The BM have slowed down, I am now only having a couple a day but they take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes. I have increased joint pain with my knees and I am so sleepy all the time. I even left work early yesterday to get a nap before I picked my son up and it seemed to do no good. I go to bed tired I wake up tired I stay tired all the time. My family and I have no life because of the constint fatigue. What else can I do? I am already taking pentasa, remicade infusions, 6mp,iron infusions,fiber supplements and b-12 shots. Is there anything else I can do?

--------------------
Melissa Landers

My God be with you today, tomorrow and always

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia
Re: Spoke too soon new
      #136133 - 01/07/05 01:45 PM

Hi Melissa,
I am so sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly! I'm sure it's frustrating to be taking SO much medicine and still feel sick. I'm sure some of the fatigue comes from the meds themselves... On the fatigue thing, do you know your hemocrit count? You say your taking iron, but where is it getting you as far as improvements in anemia? If the anemia is getting better, and you're still tired, there may be something else that's causing it. Other than that I don't have many ideas either and I hope others do, but I just wanted to chime in to say I hope you start to feel better soon and I hope your family is supportive on this - I'm sure you need that!
Hugs to you.
Min

Bran

Reged: 01/09/05
Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: Spoke too soon new
      #136575 - 01/09/05 02:45 PM

I felt like that all the time until recently, my doc put me on 10mg prednisone a day (for UC swelling) - yes it is a steroid but only for a short period of time. I have more energy than I've had in two years and it's great!!! I feel like myself again, and can juggle work, college, and the house all at once. I will only be on it for a few weeks until my flare up has subsided. I have had few side effects, only insomnia and a little jumpiness.

--------------------
~Bran

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design