All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ice Cream Makers
      #202940 - 08/05/05 04:10 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I may look into getting one, if I can justify the space it will take up. (Don't even get me started on my kitchen.)
I know they come in all sorts of prices. Can anyone recommend a good brand/model or recommend ones to stay away from?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ice Cream Makers new
      #202947 - 08/05/05 04:31 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Mine's a Rival and I absolutely love it! It's easy to use and was very affordable. Here is the model. I highly recommend it.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Ice Cream Makers new
      #203112 - 08/06/05 08:00 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker and I love it. I know the SRP is $80 but I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond for $50. I wouldn't recommend the ones that have the gel disc -- I had a Rival one and the gel disc kind of exploded. That's why I went for Cuisinart this time. This one is of much nicer quality than the Rival, I think. Of course it's pricier ...

Before I finally bought an ice cream maker, I would make the ice cream recipes and pour them in a shallow bowl and freeze. The texture wasn't quite the same and it was definitely much much harder than a batch fresh out of the ice cream maker, but it was still good.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

having gone through 2 cuisinart motors in 2 years new
      #204176 - 08/10/05 09:19 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and liking to make multiple batches and not wait for the ring to refreeze- I love our rival bucket maker.. it was only 10 on sale, normal price is closer to 25, and uses ice and salt to bathe a 2 qt bucket in cold to make ice cream,, remove bucket, rinse and start over for a second batch of something different! mechanical churn.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1605

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review