All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help re mammogram (ladies!)
      #79376 - 06/15/04 10:48 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I'm due for a mammogram, my first since I got fibro so bad. The doctor I'm going to, last time I was there her technicians were VERY thorough and really mashed me, if you know what I mean. My breasts were sore for three days. Has that ever happened to any of you? How do you all make sure the mammogram doesn't hurt? Jack? Oxycontin? Ice? Local anesthetic? Not getting one?

Help me out here ladies. I'm procrastinating on making the appt because I'm afraid of how much it's going to hurt now that I have fibro.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ouch! new
      #79390 - 06/15/04 11:05 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey LS,

My mammogram is painful, too. Probably because I am
"little" and they really have to push & mash to get them on the machine. Then when they press.....ouch!!!! It is important to get one, though. I will be getting mine around November. Don't have any suggestions about the pain except maybe tell the technician to be gentle.. and take some tylenol. The things we women go through!!! Although I don't think I would care for the prostate (sp?) exam that men have to go through. Ha Ha

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Help re mammogram (ladies!) new
      #79397 - 06/15/04 11:15 AM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

LauraSue,
I know that it is tough, but necessary. I don't have any suggestions to make it any easier. I wish you luck & hope that it goes very quick and as pain free as possible. I love being a woman, but sometimes it can be such a pain. Men just don't realize what we have to go through. Oh, the price of beauty .

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review