All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
UTI
      #356383 - 03/05/10 10:05 PM
Megan29

Reged: 02/22/09

Anything you all could suggest for a UTI? As it turns out, the cramping (which I thought was IBS just twice as bad) indicated the presence of a bacterial virus..so I'm now on hefty antibiotics and painkillers. (Someone really doesn't like me... IBS, depression, and now a UTI...gah).

Any dietary suggestions? (I do know about cranberry juice but I have to be really careful with the fructose content.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UTI new
      #356385 - 03/05/10 11:36 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I understand and have empathy for you!!! One Urologist I saw recommended taking Acidophilus - or some type of probiotic every day. Also, stay away from the "night-shade" variety of vegetables...tomatoes, eggplant...and spicy foods. And, I'm sure you already know lots and lots of water! :-)
My friend at work has had 2 kidney stones in the last month, a severe kidney infection, passed one stone, been on
high dose antibiotics and pain killers, had a stent put in, has to have it removed next week and the remaining stone is stuck so they have to remove it. And... she worked all week and went to graduate school classes!!! I told her she makes me feel like a wimp!
Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: UTI new
      #356405 - 03/06/10 01:08 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Try the cranberry tablets instead of the juice.There is usually ALOT of sugar in the juice and the tablets aren't as hard on your stomach either.
I get one of these every once and a while too.Drink LOTS of water to flush the bateria and antibiotics out .

HTH
Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review