Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Heather & Company View Cart
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas
Get The IBS Diet Cheat Sheet
Get Trigger Foods, Safe Foods, Ten Commandments of Eating for IBS, More!

Enter First Name:

Enter Email:

We value your privacy

All Boards >> The Living Room

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida
Totally Cofused and Don't Know What to Do...
      #335113 - 08/21/08 02:28 PM

Some of you may remember, I was a guinea pig for a new IBS blood test - manufactured by Prometheus Labs in CA?? It was touted as being the hottest thing since sliced bread and would even list your triggers.
When I was 12 years old (now 58) I was told I had a "spastic colon" and over the years, the diagnosis changed to IBS - most recently about 6 years ago by my GI. I've been diagnosed with everything from CFIDS and Fibromyalgia to Candida, to IBS to Diverticulosis - now this one lab says it's not IBS.
All I know is I have had all the symptoms all these years - diarrhea w/ certain foods + stress and alternating constipation w/ gas, severe cramping.... My general doctor thinks it's candida, but I know many experts don't believe in it. Now I really don't know what to eat...Right now, with my stress level, probably anything that doesn't bite me back!
Anyone else w/ mixed diagnoses???
All that protein on the Candida Diet will stuff me up like a turkey at Thanksgiving! My dr. says eat a little all day. That's cool - me sitting across the desk from students: "excuse me, but it's time for my 10:00 feeding!"
Soooooooooooooo frustrated and confused! I just wonder how accurate this lab is.

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada
Re: Totally Cofused and Don't Know What to Do... new
      #335124 - 08/21/08 04:35 PM

AS long as you share I'm sure they won't mind.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

GaGa

#335167 - 08/23/08 02:33 PM

(Big Smile)....As my two-year-old granddaughter would say: "you soooooo funny!"

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03
      #335168 - 08/23/08 03:00 PM

GaGa....so sorry you are going through this confusing and frustrating time. I, too, was diagnosed with IBS and diverticulosis after having been told when I was a kid that I had a "nervous stomach". Some days I can eat practically anything only to have it cause an attack anywhere from 1 to 3 days later. What we go through is soooo frustrating. I don't really have any advice....just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel and that I'm here for ya! {{{hugs}}}

GaGa

#335169 - 08/23/08 05:59 PM

Thank you for having such a kind heart - that proves you are one of God's special people! I really appreciate you caring thoughts - Dorothy

--------------------

Unregistered

#335176 - 08/23/08 10:08 PM

GaGa
I am so sorry to hear this. I know you must be so confused.
If you have the same systoms as IBS then tht is what I would say you have
I too have diverticulosis, and IBs and wasshocked to find out diverticulous was one thing I had
I hated to har I had it but was also glad to know what it as so people did not think I was crazy when I said I did not feel wee
What are you going to do
I would just be rallycareful what I ate, and you know what is good for you and what causes flare up, sometimes
I feel so bad for you
wish Ihad an answer for you
I am here for you and my thughts and payers are with you
I was sure this test would answer many questioons
Hang in there
Love, DeeDee

GaGa

Re: DeeDee new
      #335180 - 08/24/08 05:38 AM

DeeDee,
Thank you so much for your support and kind words. I think I'm just going to have to pray more and seek God's guidance. There's a scripture that says "Lord, show me the foods You have prepared for me..." (paraphrased), but that's going to be my prayer.
{{Hugs}} and thank you - Dorothy

--------------------

Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03
      #335186 - 08/24/08 07:51 AM

{{{hugs}}} thank you for always being there for me and for your kind words. Are you doing better today?

Unregistered

Re: DeeDee new
      #335190 - 08/24/08 08:22 AM

Good luck, GaGa
I know there is power through prayer,a nd with God. So you are right, just ask Him to help you
I willl be paying for you and thinking of you
Hang in there
Hugs, DeeDee

GaGa

#335200 - 08/24/08 11:35 AM

Yes, "Thank You".... better than yesterday and hopefully tomorrow will be better than today. Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design