All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Shell & Shane's Life Update (pics included)
      #278996 - 08/18/06 10:23 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

At last..... here it is!! LOL Sorry for the delay... as I posted in the other thread.... we both have been sooo busy I just could not find the time to get this done.

Shell & Shane's Life Update

*I got my hair done on 8/2, no blonde ADDED this time around…. Going "natural" for Fall & Winter, I had pics on my cell phone, but I deleted them to make room. I'll post again after my next appointment. I'd take one now, but it is almost 10pm and it is all pulled back in a ponytail and funky lookin!

*We finally got pics of our Step Nephew and Niece (on Shane's side), meet Conner & Addie..

*Shane got his bionic arm OFF on 8/7….his recovery is still slow and painful, but his is able to run and ride his bike again, so this is very exciting. And, he can almost sleep normal… he has also been given permission to learn how to swim, which was one thing he HAD planned to do this summer.

*We went to see Tim McGraw & Faith Hill on 8/9….OUTSTANDING concert!! Here are a few pics, not the greatest quality, but it was dark and they were from my cell phone, taken from the 2nd to LAST row!! LOL I was also trying to win CASH from 100.7 The Wolf radio station, so you will see the flashy button & stickers we were wearing... no we did not win

*I listen to a local radio station (100.7 The Wolf) and one day Fitz, Mary, & Tony were talking about Fitz's "Big Black Crocs" I had NO idea what they were talking about…until I listened more…. Check out www.crocs.com for more details (they are the MOST comfortable shoes) and not only did I get a pair, but after Shane tried mine on, we went back that weekend to get HIM a pair too…. We both put them on as soon as we get home from the gym, bike ride, etc….we have not worn them to work YET, but that day is coming soon!!

*Speaking of Fitz…. I was able to meet him at one of his appearances that was near my office on 8/11. This is one FINE lookin man…. And TALL too!! Lol

*I went "smaller" clothes shoppin again… I NEEDED a few more summer shirts for our trip to the beach at the end of the month for our 4th wedding anniversary (8/31/02), we are heading to Cannon Beach, Oregon on the 31st or the 1st, we check into the Inn on the 1st for 3 nights!! Hope the weather holds for us. Oh, and we both are scheduled for an hour massage while we are there….. Also look forward to the daily wine & cheese gathering at the Inn. (did I say "cheese"…hehehe)

*We went shoppin on Sat, 8/12 and look at what Shane drove home in….
Mid-Life Crisis #2 lol It's a 2007 Pontiac Solstace. Have a feeling we will be taking this to the coast (unless we can't fit everything we need in the tiny trunk, as there is no back seat or extra leg room….lol This is a SSSWWEEEEEETTTTT RIDE!!!

*After BUYING the car...….Shane & I went for a nice bike ride on Alki Beach (where we live), you can see no bionic arm and the Seattle Space Needle in the background.

*As of 8/14 started taking 30 min Salsa classes at the gym on Monday nights after an hour of kickboxing. I also took an hour Hip Hop class on 8/16 after kickboxing, but I'm not sure if I will take that every Wed or more like every other, it look a lot out of me and I did not get home until almost 9:15pm and still had not had time for dinner so, we will see.

*On 9/10 we are doing "Bank To Bay" 5K Run/Walk www.ontherunevents.com/banktobay
This will be our 3rd year…this is really great because of two reasons, last year they did not TIME the walkers (which would be me) because they did not have enough timing chips, but they ARE this year. And we did not think that Shane would be ALOWED to run due to his arm, so this is great news!!

*On 9/17 I will be at a support group meeting, but Shane will be doing "Kirkland - Sprint Duathlon" (12 mile bike then 5k run) www.racecenter.com/kirklandtri Again this is wonderful news since Shane really thought his summer was over after he hurt his arm.

*On 10/28 we are going to the Eastern Washington University homecoming game at Woodward Field in Cheney, WA. That is Shane's alma mater.

*Now this one is pretty big for both of us….. since Shane is turning 40 in Nov, he signed up to do University of Washington Medical Center Seattle Half Marathon www.seattlemarathon.org on 11/26 now please note this is 13.1 miles, and the most we have done in the past is Bloomsday www.bloomsday.org which is only 7.25 miles…. And just because I WANT to, I'm gonna do it also, however I'm sure I will be the one crawling over the finish line (starting as a walk, Shane will start and more then likely finish running).

*And last but not least, I just got the dates of where I will be traveling for work in May 2007 for one of two conventions. Shane will also join me, like he does every year all expenses paid. It will either be Denver, CO or Washington DC, so hopefully we can arrange to meet up with a few people while we are there. More details to come as I learn them.

Well, that's all folks…..

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shell & Shane's Life Update As Of 8/18/06 (pics included) new
      #278998 - 08/19/06 04:53 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ok it is early Sat. morning (as Noah woke me up) so while he is watching cartoons I popped on the computer and saw this! Yeah finally the news/ First of all dang girlfriend you are a busy woman. You look WONDERFUL by the way and I can't wait to see your hair. Your nephew and his sister are adorable, way to go on the marathons! I'll be thinking of yah as my big belly and I rest on a couch!! I am so glad to hear Shan'e bionic arm is gone. Send him my best! The crocs are really big here in the Midwest. I just can't bring myself to buy a pair though. I don't like the style personally. Call me vain but I am the type who will buy a pair of shoes that I like over how they feel! But I know lots of people who love them. Have a great time on your anniversary trip it sounds like fun! And last WOW love the car. Is it really yours? Mark and I sat in a car like that at our county fair. He told me it would be something to buy when the kids are gone. I joked that we would be too old to enjoy it then!!

Thanks for finally updating us. It sounds like life is treating you well!!!

About time.... new
      #279003 - 08/19/06 07:19 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

just kidding! We all know how busy you are and this post just confirms that. You and Shane have an awesome life- keep it up and you'll continue to go skinny clothes shopping! Congratulations on everything and good luck on the marathons.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: Shell & Shane's Life Update (pics included) new
      #279030 - 08/19/06 01:38 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok it is early Sat. morning (as Noah woke me up) so while he is watching cartoons I popped on the computer and saw this! Yeah finally the news/ First of all dang girlfriend you are a busy woman. You look WONDERFUL by the way and I can't wait to see your hair. Your nephew and his sister are adorable, way to go on the marathons! I'll be thinking of yah as my big belly and I rest on a couch!! I am so glad to hear Shan'e bionic arm is gone. Send him my best! The crocs are really big here in the Midwest. I just can't bring myself to buy a pair though. I don't like the style personally. Call me vain but I am the type who will buy a pair of shoes that I like over how they feel! But I know lots of people who love them. Have a great time on your anniversary trip it sounds like fun! And last WOW love the car. Is it really yours? Mark and I sat in a car like that at our county fair. He told me it would be something to buy when the kids are gone. I joked that we would be too old to enjoy it then!!

Thanks for finally updating us. It sounds like life is treating you well!!!

Yep... very busy... got back from kickboxing this morning and edited the pics from the concert, so those are finally posted.

Thanks for all the nice comments!! Yes, Shane DID buy the car....we traded in the Eclipse.

Yes, life is treating me well....

--------------------

#279065 - 08/19/06 06:22 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Wow, you have been and will be busy girl! Love the car by the way! (My hubby just turned 40 in March and his mid life crisis is a Harley(which he hasn't gotten yet)but he's trying real hard to convince me!

Thanks for updating us!!! We all should really do that once in a while!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#279166 - 08/20/06 12:37 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow, you have been and will be busy girl! Love the car by the way! (My hubby just turned 40 in March and his mid life crisis is a Harley(which he hasn't gotten yet)but he's trying real hard to convince me!

Thanks for updating us!!! We all should really do that once in a while!!!!

Thanks Lisa....

Good luck with the Harley!!

Yeah, I will try to keep posting updates AS they happen IF I can....otherwise, next time.....I will NOT post a "update coming" kind of post.... I had no intention of taking SO long to get it posted....that is just how it happened....I'm afraid I pissed a few people off...

--------------------

#279381 - 08/22/06 12:01 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

holy Crow, girl!

You HAVE been busy!

ok, I'll make it fast... ADORABLE kids, WTG on the arm, Shane, kick your own butts on the races, looking skinny Shell, WHOA BABY nice car! And looked like a pretty fun concert.

Etc etc!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

PS- re: crocs... new
      #279382 - 08/22/06 12:03 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I LOVE them. I started the trend out here, after seeing a friend with them. My whole family including Kayleigh have them, and I had a whole school hooked by June, LOL! best darn shoes I ever ever put my feet in. AND CHEAP!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#279452 - 08/22/06 09:24 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Yeah, I will try to keep posting updates AS they happen IF I can....otherwise, next time.....I will NOT post a "update coming" kind of post.... I had no intention of taking SO long to get it posted....that is just how it happened....I'm afraid I pissed a few people off...

Yeah, my anger towards you went away as I discovered that I knew a lot of all your updates.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#279461 - 08/22/06 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

holy Crow, girl!

You HAVE been busy!

ok, I'll make it fast... ADORABLE kids, WTG on the arm, Shane, kick your own butts on the races, looking skinny Shell, WHOA BABY nice car! And looked like a pretty fun concert.

Etc etc!!

Thanks for all your comments... I'll let Shane know too he is still in the clouds over his new car!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2241 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3040

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review