All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SUCH a good few days- I feel NORMAL again
      #108422 - 09/26/04 03:57 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I decided to post a happy post, I had such a good few days at my friend's wedding and my IBS behaved itself. I was really nervous about it as I knew the wedding hotel wasn't the most accomodating but it all went so well. So any newbies let this be a motivation for you!

The hotel we stayed in Wednesday night had the best breakfast for IBSers ever- 2 types of french bread, loads of fruit and cereal choices, soy milk and peppermint tea. (it is quite unusual over here to get soy milk)

The wedding meal was a mushroom and chicken pastry case which I ate the mushrooms out of and this was my only problem- i think there was MSG in the sauce that I scraped off. I skipped the soup course due to MSG fears but had the bread roll and the main was great, salmon, boiled potatoes and carrots. I was doing so well I even had some of the dessert. I didn't drink at all as I have been pretty stable for a couple of weeks and it wasn't a risk I wanted to take. I made sure that I explained to all my friends beforehand that I couldn't due to "my tummy and my meds" so that they wouldn't buy me drinks and I stuck to still mineral water all night. I went to bed for an hour about 10pm as tummy was slightly sore but I took some peppermint caps and managed to dance the night away and stay up til 4.30am. I am so pleased how it went as I had to take Wednesday off work because of a really sore throat and lack of sleep. I am still not sleeping great and having REALLY strange dreams but am so happy that it all went so well..

The breakfast the day after the wedding was not so good, no soy milk so just toast and jam for me.

We went to a Chinese restuarant on Friday and again no issues with the food (shrimp and waterchestnut parcel, exotic shrimp with fruity chili sauce, steamed rice, couple of spoons of chocolate mousse cake)

I FEEL NORMAL AGAIN!!! HURRAY!
Might post a pic of me in my glad rags later, I had a really cute outfit and felt very glamourous!

The only downside is that the honeymooners are gone to Florida on their honeymoon! Lets hope the avoid the hurricane, they are gone to Clearwater.

Doesn't it make a lovely change to hear me happy instead of MOANING!!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SUCH a good few days- I feel NORMAL again new
      #108425 - 09/26/04 04:08 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

thats great to hear.. just realized where you are... I love Dublin though I haven't been back in 20 years... we spent a bunch of time there when my parents best friends and their kids lived there for 12 months while the parents (professors) took sabbatical... wonderful summer in Ireland... and great memories... glad the wedding went well.. I think I am learning how to eat out and cope with social situations better.. though I am packing my own food to take to camp next weekend... I don't trust what they are catering to work for me for 2.5 days! if it was goign to be a restaurant that would be different.. I could ask fro soy milk but the brand they had available last year was one that I couldn't have, etc... so I will just bring my own everything... there is a fridge which will help... and I'll bring soy/rice milk, a container with cereal for breakfast already in it, applesauce, pasta in a bowl with sauce for dinners, sandwich fixings, luna bars, and peanut butter and call it a day.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: SUCH a good few days- I feel NORMAL again new
      #108428 - 09/26/04 04:34 AM

Unregistered

Congratulations on feeling so great! It really boosts your confidence when you can make it through situations like that.
And I think the honeymooners will be okay. Clearwater shouldn't get the hurricane as bad as the other coast. But it make for a couple of windy and rainy days.
Keep up the good days!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5462 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 956

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review