All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hurt my back again...
      #208273 - 08/24/05 07:07 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Ok, so could my back muscles just be out of whack or something? First I hurt it swimming, and then yesterday I did Tae Bo which I haven't done in a while but I stretched before and after and I'm in agony today. LIke an idiot I tried to go for a full walk/run anyways today and seem to have made it worse.

It's so frustrating, I'm trying to incorporate new things into my workouts so that it's not just walking and weights but everytime I do I seem to hurt myself. I really wanted to get back into the Tae Bo because it gets my heart rate up more than walking and I need to burn some fat but I just don't know why I keep hurting myself.

Anyone got any advice? Also, heat or ice or both, what do you think?

Cheers!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hurt my back again... new
      #208279 - 08/24/05 07:49 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ah, poor Kelly. I'm so sorry your back has been giving you so much trouble. I haven't been around in awhile, so I might have missed this, but have you tried Pilates? My chiropractor strongly recommended it as the best exercises for strengthening the back and core muscles to avoid injury. Also, have you considered seeing a chiropractor? Mine was pretty great at getting rid of my constant lower back pain.

Whatever you do, I hope you rest it and feel better soon. I bet a hot bath might help.

#208306 - 08/25/05 12:31 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I was going to recommend seeing a chiropractor too. Great folks, chiropractors Especially since you've hurt it twice now, it might be a good idea.

In the meantime, ice it to help it. Heat can be soothing though too. HTH

#208312 - 08/25/05 02:52 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Kelly, I have no idea, honestly! I hope you recover a.s.a.p.

Kate.

Yes, see a chiropractor... new
      #208370 - 08/25/05 08:00 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I used to think they were quacks when I was younger, but I've got a good one now (who I NEED to see again soon), and it really does help. It certainly sounds like you've got something going on that is aggravated by physical activity. Better to get it treated so you don't make it worse and can continue your exercise!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2613

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review