All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
CAN WE DRINK GINGERALE?? Or any sodas???
      #329871 - 05/16/08 10:08 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Is gingerale allowed. I have Seagrams gingerale??. I LOVE a soda every once in a while but don't want to upset myself. I always have a water when Im out out and about, but it would be so nice every once and a while hit a Drive thru for a soda /sprite??? What is allowed in this category?

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CAN WE DRINK GINGERALE?? Or any sodas??? new
      #329872 - 05/16/08 10:22 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Carbonated beverages can be problematic for those with IBS. Also those of us who are fructose sensitive have trouble with the high fructose corn syrup that is loaded into most sofe drinks and we can't have the artificial sweetener so I guess I am saying no to your question. I have sipped a few gingerales without a big problem but it was when I had the stomach flu so it is hard to tell.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#329874 - 05/16/08 10:53 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Seagram's Ginger Ale contains high fructose corn syrup.

Although carbonate beverages are restricted on the EFI diet I find that I can drink carbonated spring water or soda water that does not contain anything else.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#329880 - 05/16/08 05:10 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

There are some organic sodas that do not contain HFCS or artificial sweeteners (and just contain less crap in general!) I've tried an organic root beer that was pretty tasty. I'd sort of shake it up a bit to remove some or most of the carbonation before drinking if you're prone to bloating!

--------------------
IBS-C

if you are going to drink a pop new
      #329989 - 05/19/08 05:09 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

ginger ale would be a better choice, but we shouldn't drink pop. Homemade ginger ale is a good alternative. Or if you have a Big Bowl by you they make wonderful homemade ginger ale with lots of ginger and little sweeteners. Occasional carbonation from the club soda in it may be tolerated, from time to time.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3233

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review