Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Book on IBS
      #328940 - 04/27/08 07:38 AM
Husky82

Reged: 08/30/06
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hey Everyone,
I wasn't sure where to post this but I had to share the new book I am reading. Whenever I find a book about IBS, I buy it. This usually ends up being a waste of money. I was looking on Barnes and Noble the other and came across the book Romance, Riches, and Restrooms: A Cautionary Tale of Ambitious Dreams and Irritable Bowel by Tim Phelan. I read almost half of the book in one sitting. It is Tim's journey through discovering he has IBS. It is so well written. It has even made me laugh at some of the things we go through with this disorder. I would recommend it to everyone who has the disease. His website is www.romancerichesrestrooms.com . I found the book on Barnes and Noble. It was around $15.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Book on IBS new
      #328945 - 04/27/08 08:19 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so glad you brought this up. I had forgotten the name - I've heard it's a wonderful read. Now I know what to use my Barnes & Noble coupon for.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

I read this yesterday new
      #329243 - 05/02/08 09:21 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Once I got into it I stayed up until 1am to find out what happened. I kept wanting to yell at him, "No, not Metamucil - you're IBS-D." And, "Put the Jagermeister down and slowly back away from the bar." I think his account of using cognitive-behavioral therapy is wonderful. This is a great book for IBSers.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Book on IBS new
      #329281 - 05/03/08 06:08 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

it just arrived in the mail for me today. My husband laughed at the title, but I am looking forward to reading it! So glad to hear it was a page-turner! I'll give me review soon!!

--------------------
IBS-A

done! new
      #330621 - 06/04/08 07:03 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Well, I finished the book awhile ago. While I really enjoyed it, I really think only IBS sufferers would 'get it.' I was laughing and would read a passage to my husband and even though he lives with a wife with ibs, it still wasn't as funny to him. I believe that is because you really have to have LIVED these situations to get it. I could relate to MANY points in the book and that made it a fabulous read for me. I would recommend it to many people on this board. However, I read it before bed and spent the night dreaming about finding bathrooms--so be careful of that!!:)
Otherwise, it was a light easy read that really related to our lives. I'm sure everyone has had a near panic attack when realizing they're going to be on a bus for 4 hours without a bathroom! It was really funny to see all of these stories come to life. Good book!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1661

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review