All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What will I do next? new
      #102001 - 08/27/04 02:19 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am doing the what you can eat when you can't eat anything since Tuesday and I still have cramps, so I need advice as to what I will do next.

Should I wait until I stop getting cramps to add other foods or should I try to add something now?

If add something when I have cramps how will I know if i react ok to it as I will still have cramps?

If I can add something what do people suggest being easily digestible? Even if I could have ANYTHING else savoury apart from potatoes/pasta/rice with salt or dry bread it would be a cause for celebration, even nondairy spread on my bread would be soo tasty!

Thanks

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What will I do next? new
      #102006 - 08/27/04 02:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know if others will agree with me, but since I still had cramping *months* into the diet, I say go ahead and add some new foods in.

Have you had any chicken yet? I actually found that adding chicken breast and white fish back into my diet made me feel a hundred times better - not cramp-wise, unfortunately, but just in general. Just make sure it's chicken breast, and grill it or bake it without any added oils or fats.... salt, pepper, and some mild herbs should be ok, though.

I'd start with that. Give it another day or so, see how you feel, and then maybe add some well-cooked carrots. Be careful with nondairy spreads - some of them *do* contain a little dairy, and a lot of them have quite a bit of fat.

Good luck!

#102007 - 08/27/04 02:31 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Sinead
If you go to the recpies board and do a search for what to eat, Casey and others just posted a bunch of food that is still pretty safe but yummy and has helped me out greatly.
They just posted it not even a week ago I would give you the link but I don't know how maybe someone esle will.
Good luck

--------------------
Heather7476

#102029 - 08/27/04 04:09 PM
cailin

thanks Casey, I tried chicken for a few days last week and it didn't add to my troubles so I was thinking of either it or baked cod to come next. I have stayed away from them since my MSG-chicken casserole nightmare on Sunday and have been puritan about my diet since then! (pain is the best teacher!)

Heather, I found that post, thanks it's great. Hopefully next week I can move onto some of that stuff, I got the bouillon that Casey mentions in the supermarket this evening. (PS I know how to do the link thing- its really easy-you just click on the URL button in the "instant UBB Code" list on the reply screen, a box comes up and you paste the address in there and then it asks what you want to call it..you can write like some of the others do stuff like "check this out" or anything you like and it goes into your reply) Hope you enjoy your soy shopping at the weekend, I did some yesterday in anticipation of being able to eat and I found it really fun but the stuff is quite expensive. Its probably not as expensive in the US as all the stuff here has to be imported. I even got the "better than creamcheese" which I was amazed at!(haven't tasted it yet though)

thanks,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Sinead new
      #102126 - 08/28/04 06:41 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I agree with Casey. You might as well add some more foods into your diet. As long as they're ibs safe, you'll be fine. I also use an Acidophilus supplement. When I first started the diet, it took a LONG time for me to get past the bloating and cramping. The supplement really helped me a lot. Just hang in there, sweetie, because we've all been there. You might think that this diet isn't working, but give it the time your body needs and don't give up.
Keep researching and asking questions on this site. You never know when you're going to read something that seems to be just for you!

btw, thanks for the ubb code, url lesson. I didn't know how to do that and you explained it well. I can do it now.

Terri

What I did next...
      #102543 - 08/30/04 08:57 AM
cailin

I had chicken and rice on Saturday , which I was a bit nervous about as I was BAD with cramps on Saturday afternoon.
Yesterday I had carrots with my chicken and potatoes and today I am going to have some plaice for dinner.
So far so good...

Thanks everyone, I am really looking forward to introducing enough foods that I can eat interesting things.
Oh and I managed to find butter flavour cooking spray here, I have been trying to seek it out in every supermarket I pass so it is being treated like the holy grail!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: What I did next... new
      #102551 - 08/30/04 09:16 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Sinead, glad to hear you're doing well. Other ways to add some insolubles back pretty safely is in quick breads, smoothies and soups. And congrats on finding the cooking spray! As someone else here said recently, we're the only people in the world that would get so excited about something like that!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#102553 - 08/30/04 09:21 AM
cailin

You are right LauraSue, my excitement at finding products I can eat is amazing..the soy parmesan discovery was just superb! ..this is what my life has become..I need to book a bungee jump or something to add some real excitement!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#102561 - 08/30/04 09:31 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

LOL!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review