Top 10 Questions To Ask Your Doctor About IBS!
IBS Quick Tip of the Week!
To be fair, you can't ask your doctor for an IBS cure. Currently, there isn't one (except possibly gut-directed hypnotherapy, which is well-researched and which your doctor should definitely know about.)
But, since IBS is a disorder that you, the patient, must manage on a daily basis, these are the questions you can ask your doctor that will help you do just that!
Tip Takeaway: IBS can be self-managed, but it cannot be self-diagnosed. Your doctor should give you both a solid IBS diagnosis AND point the way to information you need to successfully live with it!
- 1. Do my symptoms match those required for an IBS diagnosis following the Rome Guidelines?
- 2. Have you run the tests necessary to rule out:
Colon and carcinoid cancer
Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis)
Diverticulosis / Diverticulitis
Food allergies, intolerances, and malabsorptions (fructose, lactose, etc.)
Celiac (a genetic, autoimmune disorder resulting in gluten intolerance)
Bacterial infections and small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- 3. Do you recommend prescription drugs? What if they don't work? What about side effects?
- 4. What about diet?
- 5. What about stress management?
- 6. What about alternative therapies?
- 7. What types of natural supplements do you recommend?
- 8. Do you know of any Irritable Bowel Syndrome support groups in my area?
- 9. Can you recommend any good books, literature, and websites on the subject?
- 10. What do you think is the best way to comprehensively manage my symptoms?
Heather Van Vorous &
Heather's Tummy Care
Over 10 Years of IBS Business!
Have other IBS questions? Please call us toll free 866-640-4942.
Outside the continental US? Call direct 206-264-8069.
Get more IBS help at HelpForIBS.com!
See all the IBS Quick Tips!
Thank you for your continued support!
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
80 S. Washington St, #304
Seattle, WA 98104 USA
© 2013 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.