What If You Fall Off the IBS Wagon?
IBS Quick Tip of the Week!
Tip Takeaway: Sometimes IBS flares despite our best efforts (and sometimes because of our worst!) Either way, give yourself a break. Focus on moving forward, and getting back on track as quickly as possible.
- Forgive yourself... if your vigilance slips and you do something that triggers an IBS attack. Don't beat yourself up, that just makes it worse. Forgive and remember...so you're less likely to cheat again.
- Take action quickly... to break the IBS cycle and get back on track. The longer you're stable, the easier it is to stay that way, and the faster you'll recover from missteps. Your goal is long-term stability, even with a few bumps in the road.
- Don't be discouraged... if IBS flares despite all best efforts. Sometimes symptoms strike out of the blue. Remind yourself of every successful strategy you've found for controlling symptoms. Remember there is always another option to try. Regroup and go forward.
- Talk to friends and family... if they aren't giving the support you need. Let them know you need their help right about now.
- You're not alone... we've all done it. If we were perfect, we wouldn't have IBS. We wouldn't even be human. After 35 years of living with IBS, you'd think I'd know better by now and never cheat. Usually I don't, but usually isn't never, and sometimes - cheesecake may be involved - I pay the price for that. I slap myself around a little, but it's best to just move onward and upward.
- Go back to basics... and work your way through the five key strategies for managing IBS.
Heather Van Vorous &
Heather's Tummy Care
Over 10 Years of IBS Business!
Have other IBS questions? Please call us toll free 866-640-4942.
Outside the continental US? Call direct 206-264-8069.
Get more IBS help at HelpForIBS.com!
See all the IBS Quick Tips!
Thank you for your continued support!
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
80 S. Washington St, #304
Seattle, WA 98104 USA
© 2013 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.