IBS Diet Quick Tip!
Is Coconut Oil Good for IBS?
Tip Takeaway: Use coconut oil in small amounts only, always with your soluble fiber foundation foods, just as you would other heart-healthy plant fats.
Nope. It's pure fat, and all fats are GI stimulants.
- Why? With IBS, fats often trigger your gastrocolic reflex to overreact.
- Result? Spasms, cramps, diarrhea, gas, rebound constipation, or all of the above.
- A low fat - NOT fat free - diet is important for keeping IBS calm.
- Choose heart-healthy plant or fish oils, never large quantities, always with a soluble fiber foundation to keep bowel function stable.
- Coconut oil counts as a heart-healthy fat, but it's still a potential IBS trigger.
- Coconut cream, milk, and shredded coconut are also high fat - limit or just avoid.
- Coconut water, however, is virtually fat free, and safe for IBS.
- Coconut oil may actually have anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal benefits.
- But, by definition IBS does not involve inflammation or a fungal overgrowth. A finding of these would actually preclude a diagnosis of IBS in the first place.
Heather Van Vorous &
Heather's Tummy Care
Over 15 Years of IBS Business!
Have other IBS questions? Please call us toll free 866-640-4942.
Outside the continental US? Call direct 206-264-8069.
Get more IBS help at HelpForIBS.com!
See all the IBS Quick Tips!
Thank you for your continued support!
The goal of Heather's Tummy Care is to do good in the world - not just for IBS, but for our employees, our customers, our natural world and its magnificent creatures, and both our local and global communities. We contribute to national and international environmental and wildlife protection funds.
Millions of albatross chicks starve
to death on plastic ocean garbage.
Help us end elephant slaughter.
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
19203 70th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032 USA
© 2017 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.