Okay, I'm posting this recipe so Kandee can use it to teach me how to determine the amount of calories and fat in a recipe! Hopefully this will be a lesson for all of us! And I'm also really hoping these muffins are safe fat-wise, since they're fabulous! It's supposed to make 8 BIG muffins, but I got 9 and they were still large!
1/4 cup (soy) margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Tiny splash of soymilk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease or line 8 (I filled 9) muffin tins.
3. Beat together the margarine, sugar, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients and blend with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
5. Mix in the rolled oats.
6. Blend soymilk and maple syrup together.
7. Pour over dry mixture and stir just until combined.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
9. When lightly cooled, glaze the muffins with prepared glaze.