All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
CAN I GET MY FLAT TUMMY BACK WITH IBS?
      #323983 - 02/04/08 03:36 PM
TATERZ

Reged: 02/04/08
Loc: MIAMI, FL, USA

HI I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF I COULD GET THE STOMACH I USED TO HAVE BACK NOT TALKING ABOUT THE CONSTIPATION IM ASKING ABOUT ITS PHYSICAL APPEARANCE. I MEAN I USED TO HAVE A VERY VERY FLAT ABDOMEN. AND THEN A YEAR AGO IBS-C STARTED AND BOOM LITTLE POOCH AT THE BOTTOM DECIDED TO SET IN. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS. CAN I? CAN I HAVE A FLAT TUMMY WITH IBS? STUPID QUESTION BUT JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF EXERCISE WOULD FIX THIS.

--------------------
IBC-C SINCE FEB '07
"I'M GOING TO FIND THE CURE "

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CAN I GET MY FLAT TUMMY BACK WITH IBS? new
      #324330 - 02/08/08 09:05 AM
yowwza

Reged: 06/27/07

Yes you can

Your belly after bloating is like your belly after pregnancy-all stretched out. For me-many miles run and many sit-ups is the only way back to a flat belly. Also time without bloating helps. For me, also IBS-C, a diet with no dairy, wheat, fruit, or sugar is the only surefire way to avoid the bloat and the constipation.

#324414 - 02/09/08 04:50 PM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

when you say a diet without sugar can you be more specific please. Do you mean you don't add suger to anything or do you mean you look on labels and avoid anything with any or high sugar? thanks for clarifying

#324527 - 02/12/08 07:06 AM
yowwza

For me, (not necessarily for anyone else) there is an absolute fructose intolerance, which includes all fruit, honey, wheat, and refined sugar. It all causes exaggerated extreme bloating and painful cramps. If I avoid all that, there is no bloating or discomfort, and less severe constipation.

#324529 - 02/12/08 07:18 AM
yowwza

wait a minute-let me amend that-it's a 'fructose malabsorption'...the difference being that 'intolerance' is inherited, and 'malabsorption' develops independently as an individual loses the ability to digest certain sugars in the small intestine. I first noticed that I would bloat after eating an apple about 10 years ago-within the last year or two, it has progressed to the point where all fruit, even a handful of blueberries, or even a teaspoon of honey in tea causes tremendous consequences. I have tested allergic to wheat-but being a bread lover, ignored it for years. But wheat contains significant amts of fructose as well. I finally paid attention and eliminated it with profound improvements in the way I feel and function. Only problem is-the cravings for the stuff continue. I believe it has to do with candida, which I think did a lot to cause my IBS over my lifetime. I have no proof-just personal knowledge of the damage it can do.

#325352 - 02/23/08 05:57 AM
Tracylynn

Reged: 01/27/08

Interesting. I have the same trouble with fructose in it's purest form--fruit. However, my rice protein powder has dehydrated fructose in there and it doesn't seem to cause any upset. Perhaps it's the rawness of the fruit. Raw fruits and vegetables are what gets me. If I want a salad I have to put steamed veggies on top of it. Too much starch and wheat will bloat me also. I find that eating 6-8 times a day in very small portions helps and drinking warm herbal tea throughout the day helps to calm the sphincters from spasming. For constipation, cleansing with colonics helps to get rid of the bloating and extreme gas pains and it hydrates the body as well. www.internalcleansingcenter.com

#329481 - 05/07/08 10:39 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

AMEN!
IBS-C is a nightmare! You really do have to stick to the no dairy, no sugar, no wheat...well, for me it's really the "whole" wheat that messes me up.
Also, fruit? I find that some fruits I can tolerate better than others(definitely no citrus!). Also, WHEN I eat them makes a huge difference! NEVER on an empty stomach. And, if you bake your fruits in bread, you just may come to love them again and not be afraid of them!
Try Heather's Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread. It is delicious, and very safe!!
I am afraid that haveing IBS-C pretty much means a pooch most of the time. I used to have a "pooch." Then I had 2 kids...now I have a full blown "pouch!"
Enjoy the little pooch before it grows!! HA!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20438

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review