All Boards >> Veggie Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dairy-free/Vegan IBS Diet + Call for calcium!
      #367281 - 04/22/12 06:29 AM
alwayspatsy

Reged: 04/22/12

Hi, all—after discovering Heather's remarkable site, I took the plunge and cut all meat, dairy, and eggs—but I didn't realize that without troublesome broccoli, kale, cabbage, et cetera I had also entirely rid my diet of calcium. Many people at ibsgroup.org are talking about the dramatic effect calcium supplements have had on their IBS, and I think regardless of any radical change, it's crucial to maintain an adequate intake of calcium (which, if you're suffering from IBS-D, naturally and desirably slows down your system).

So I'm writing with a call for IBS- and vegan-friendly calcium sources—I'd love to know what does the trick without causing any trouble. Along with daily supplements and fortified soymilk, I find I can tolerate some tahini and almond butter. But I'd love to know if you've got any good ideas.

Here also are a couple of links I've found invaluable—"Linda's" calcium info at IBSgroup http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/72764-lindas-calcium-info/ and a resource for calcium-seeking vegans http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/calcium.htm

Very best of luck—ap

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dairy-free/Vegan IBS Diet + Call for calcium! new
      #367282 - 04/22/12 12:04 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Vegan source of calcium
General sources of calcium from the NIH

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5664

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review