All Boards >> Veggie Eating for IBS Diet Board

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Forks Over Knives
      #363477 - 02/16/11 03:17 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I wanted to share with my vegan/veggie friends on this board, info about a new film being released called, Forks Over Knives . It has had limited release in some states, but will open in more cities in May, 2011. I hope my city is one of them.

It is a film about how our animal-based, processed-food based diet, is killing us, and how a plant-based diet could halt and reverse many diseases. It has all the greats in it including, T. Colin Campbell, PhD, Cornell's nutrition professor and also co-author of the book, The China Study (which is a fantastic book), John McDougall MD, Dean Ornish MD, Neal Barnard MD, Caldwell Esselstyn MD from Cleveland Clinic, and I am sure many more. These are the great and well-repected docs that KNOW what they are talking about, and can back it up.

I am very excited to see the film, so I hope others will go see it also. I can't wait to see it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Forks Over Knives new
      #366295 - 10/19/11 02:47 PM
mydavis

Reged: 05/15/07

My sister is fighting stage 4 ovarian cancer and is following a raw vegan diet. She is doing very well (she also does chemo but the diet has helped keep her cells healthy). She also uses Heather's teas to calm her gut during chemo and they have really helped.

Re: Forks Over Knives new
      #366316 - 10/26/11 02:37 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I am very happy that a good diet is helping her through this difficult time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18424

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review