All Boards >> Veggie Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Windchimes-TVP
      #357098 - 03/28/10 12:50 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I did look up TVP, so it is a soy product. Do you feel it is a healthy meat replacement, or am I defeating my purpose and putting more poison in my body? How does it come packaged in the supermarket and how long does it stay good?
Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Windchimes-TVP new
      #357099 - 03/28/10 12:59 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Hi Gerikat,

TVP looks somewhat like frenchbread crumbs that you would purchase around Thanksgiving to make a stuffing for a turkey. However this is soy based and lasts seeminly forever if you store it in a glass jar.

It needs to be hydrated with something... I use bottled water and many seasonings from my spice pantry. If you're doing grilled burgers, try using a little liquid smoke into the mixture. If you like a more asian taste, then use asian seasoning.

Once mixed in a bowl, TVP works up like most any ground beef. Amazing! It's a soy-based product and full of good protein!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: Windchimes-TVP new
      #357100 - 03/28/10 01:09 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Thanks so much! This is good info for me and I appreciate your feedback. This poduct may be exactly what I am looking for. I used to make turkey meatballs, so I am thinking this would be a good replacement. I think I might try adding veggies into the mix and cook that up. It sounds like there is endless possibilities. Can't wait.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review