Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Are there going to be any recipes posted here?nt
      #356441 - 03/08/10 06:12 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I don't know. I think it makes more sense for those to go on the recipe board? -nt- new
      #356464 - 03/08/10 12:47 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Question for Heather... new
      #356473 - 03/08/10 01:53 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Heather,

I really think this is your preference and your call on recipe posts. Do you want to add a category for vegetarian recipes there that are also IBS safe, or would you prefer that we post recipes here that are vegetarian and amended to meet the requirements that IBSers need to avoid or control our gut symptoms at the Veggie Board?

Please let us know your preference.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Yes, makes sense-nt new
      #356482 - 03/08/10 03:14 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I really think recipes should go on the recipe board... new
      #356483 - 03/08/10 03:14 PM
HeatherAdministrator

I don't see the need for a separate recipe board for that. There are already tons of vegetarian/vegan recipes on the recipe board and in the exchange.

Having said that, if someone really wants to post a veggie recipe here that's fine with me.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

For Heather new
      #356493 - 03/08/10 08:08 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I wasn't suggesting a totally separate receipe board. I was suggesting a 'category' within the existing recipe board, that being for 'Vegetarian Recipes' that are also IBS safe.

Another idea might be to place a unique icon of some sort in front of any recipe that is vegetarian as well as IBS safe on the recipe board as it stands.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: For Heather new
      #356525 - 03/09/10 11:23 AM
HeatherAdministrator

I don't have a way technically of making a category within the recipe board. But, on the recipe exchange there could be a veggie category, or veggie/vegan recipes on the exchange could be denoted with a symbol.

That exchange is hand-compiled and it is very time consuming, so it doesn't get updated very often, unfortunately.

- H

--------------------

How about ... new
      #356527 - 03/09/10 11:41 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

using some agreed upon code word when vegetarian recipes are posted in the Recipe Board? Then people can search on that code word when they want all the veggie ones. New recipes can go in with that code word and as people run across old recipes that are vegetarian they can post a reply with the code word. Maybe something like "veggieboard"?

Alternatively, maybe a thread on the Veggie Board that just contains links back to vegetarian recipes on the Recipe Board? As people post or find vegetarian recipes on the Recipe Board they can put a "Reply" to the recipe post that has a link back to the Recipe Board.

Or both. Here's one of my recipes that retrograde vegetarianized a while back. I've marked it as veggieboard and here's the link: Vegetarian Chinese Take-Out Noodles

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Good ideas!! new
      #356536 - 03/09/10 02:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------

index new
      #356542 - 03/09/10 04:29 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Last thing I knew someone was indexing all the recipes on the recipe board so people can search for them. Perhaps there could be a vegetarian category on the index or the recipes could be flagged as veggie. The problem is many recipes contain no meat- salads, desserts, sauces etc so only main dish recipes that have no meat are truly veggie.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28436

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review