1/4 c cocoa
2 ts Baking powder
1 ts Baking soda
1/2 ts Salt
2/3 c Vanilla lowfat yogurt
2/3 c Skim milk
1/2 ts Vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (opt)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin cups (2 1/2" in diameter) with paper bake cups. In medium bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir in yogurt, milk and vanilla just until combined. Do not beat. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Remove from pans. Sprinkle powdered sugar over tops of muffins, if desired. Serve warm.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Ingredients:
1/2 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup skim milk
2 egg whites or egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg
2 cups reduced fat Bisquick baking mix
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Streusel Topping:
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon reduced fat Bisquick
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons cold butter or margarine

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk and egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture and stir just until moistened. Spoon into 12 well greased muffin cups. Combine the streusel ingredients, cutting in the butter until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over the muffins. Bake at 400-degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or freeze and microwave before serving.
Recipe yields about 12 muffins.

Fresh Ginger and Lemon Muffins Serves: 12
1 cup sugar, divided
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped, peeled fresh ginger
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda 1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/3 cup prune butter
1 Tbsp. oil
1 large egg
1 large egg white

Preheat oven to 375*F. Combine 1 tablespoon of the sugar, ground ginger and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside. Place fresh ginger, 1/2 cup sugar, and lemon rind in a food processor; process until finely chopped and set aside. Combine remaining 7 tablespoons of flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center of mixture. Combine the ginger mixture, buttermilk, prune butter, oil, egg and egg white and stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups which have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon sugar over tops of batter. Bake at 375*F for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Information per Serving
calories total fat sat fat protein fiber sodium carbs ww points
181 2 0.5 3.5 1 128 37 4

© 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet

Peach Gingerbread Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chunky applesauce
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 Tbsp. oil
1 can (16 oz) peaches in juice, drained and chopped
Preheat oven to 400*F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.

In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ginger, salt, and spices. In small bowl, combine sugar, applesauce, apple juice, molasses, egg, and oil. Stir applesauce mixture into dry mixture until just moistened. Fold in peaches. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.

Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan; cool on wire rack.

Nutrition Information per Serving:
calories total fat sat fat protein fiber sodium carbs ww points
175 3 0.5 3 0.5 159 35 4

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Some muffin recipes I just found-adapt accordingly to remove dairy and yolks new
      #85477 - 07/01/04 05:57 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ahh, 3 Fat Chicks... I love that site.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

chocolate muffins? new
      #329592 - 05/09/08 06:07 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Has anyone ever made this recipe? I was just making it and noticed it does not call for eggs. Also one has to adapt the yogurt too. I had no applesauce in the house since I haven't baked in so long. So I added egg whites and some oil in place of the yogurt. I used 4 whites per recipe and 1/4c oil. We'll see how they are. It looked and tasted ok. Also I added chocolate chips.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 191 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3551

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review