All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Robyn's lazy cooking of salmon and other meats...
      #76677 - 06/06/04 08:12 PM

Unregistered

I preheat the oven to 325.

Salmon
-Hickory flavour BBQ sauce
- salmon fillet for each person

WITH CHICKEN
-breast of chicken
-lemon juice
-seasoning salt
-poultry seasoning
(this one just bake till cooked)

I have a pan from my toaster oven and you know how it has a rack on it that fits. Well I put water on the bottom.

I take a fillet of salmond brush Hickory flavour BBQ sauce on the top and bottom and cook it till I see that it's has that white milk leaking out (usually 20 mins). The I turn the oven up to broil and flip the salmon and crisp the skin.

It's great. With the water in the pan under the rack it steams it to make it moist and at the same time steams it and any fat falls into the water. Another plus is the pan already has water in it and you have an easier time of cleaning it up.

I also do this with chicken and other meats. I put a pan of water in the oven when I also make Heather's applesauce bread (also sift dry ingredients) and it makes it taste more like cake and gives it a smoother texture.

I've got people hooked on the pan thing for cooking meats though because it reduces the fat and doesn't cook in it's own fat. If you don't have the toaster oven pan I use a square pan and use my cooling rack on top. * If it's not a tight fit just watch when you're taking the food out of the oven.
Yummy!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great idea..thanks! -nt- new
      #76712 - 06/07/04 12:46 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 516 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1898

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review