ok ok ok....just a fancy name for Juli's Cuban Style Chicken and Pasta

you'll need:

1.5 lbs. chicken breast
1 onion...1/2 for one thing, half for the other
1 green bell pepper....same as onion
5 cloves of garlic
some cumin, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
1 packet of Goya Sazon
2 small cans of plain tomato sauce (like hunts or something not flavored tomato sauces)
1 packet of no yolk noodles

1. clean chicken and cut into cubes. boil chicken, half onion, half bell pepper, 2 smashed garlic cloves, and a little salt for about 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and easy to shred.

2. strain out chicken and veggies... leave chicken stock to boil noodles later. you can discard the veggies

3. shred all the chicken to little peices using your fingers.

4. next, dice the other half onion and half pepper and garlic. however small is up to you, i don't like the onions and peppers to be chewable so i run it through the food processor. also mince the remaining garlic.

5. in a pot (that will be able to hold all the contents of recipe in the end) heat up some non-fat cooking sray. throw in your onions, garlic, peppers and cook a bit. add in your spices (cumin, oregan, salt, pepper, Goya Sazon) and mix well, let simmer for 1 minute.

6. add the 2 cans of tomato sauce to the mixture and blend well, let simmer for about 5 minutes.

7. begin to boil you noodles in the chicken stock until desired firmness is acheived.

8. toss in your shredded chicken into your 'sofrito' (mix we just made) make sure all chicken gets well coated.

9. after noodles are ready, strain but keep the chicken broth, and toss them in with your chicken and sofrito.

10. once again, mix well and if you feel it is too dry add a bit of broth (but not too much )

you can top it off with soy parmesean and it is a great dinner.....it also tastes great as leftover lunch!

i normally make a this on a sunday and then i will have it for lunch a couple of times throughout the week.

enjoy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spaghetti con Pollo al stilo Criollo new
      #316775 - 10/16/07 04:22 PM
arroyo

Reged: 10/16/07

This recipe looks really good. My problem is I good a lot of spanish style meals (puerto rican dishes) and I am trying to find a balance so I dont trigger any attacks. Any ideas on what spices or dishes I could make?

Thanks
Lisette

Re: Spaghetti con Pollo al stilo Criollo new
      #316810 - 10/17/07 07:24 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Have you checked out Daisy Martinez's recipes? I have her cookbook and they are delish! Her foods are the same way I would make them (I'm Dominican) but when I do make some of her dishes, I'll adjust certain things and they are delish! I said that already I know.

One that my fam loved was the Pollo Al Orno (baked chicken) and I made sure that all I ate was the white meat. Loved it!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 442 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3515

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review