All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
mandarin orange sorbet
      #6264 - 04/16/03 02:44 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I came across this sorbet recipe that doesn't require the use of an ice cream maker. I haven't had a chance to try it, but it looks good, and maybe someone out there who already has a blender can let us know if it turns out well? (Sorry for those coming up on winter instead of summer, I guess this isn't going to be on your to-do list for awhile!)

Mandarin Orange Ice

2 11-ounce cans mandarin orange sections
1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger

1. Place unopened cans of mandarin oranges into the freezer. Freeze for 12 to 24 hours or until fruit is frozen solid.
2. Place unopened cans of frozen fruit in a container of hot water for 1 to 2 minutes. (Do not thaw too long or sorbet will be too soft.) Remove cans from water. Pat cans dry with paper towels. Open cans (if necessary, open both ends of the cans to push the fruit out.) Pour any thawed juice into a blender container or food processor bowl. Break frozen oranges into small chunks. Add orange chunks and ginger to blender container or food processor bowl.
3. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth, but not melted. Spoon into individual glasses or bowls. (Or transfer mixture to an 8-inch-square baking pan; cover and freeze up to 3 days or until ready to serve. Use a scraping motion to scoop sorbet.) Makes 4 or 5 servings.

Nutrition facts per serving: 58 cal., 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 8 mg sodium, 15 g carbo., 1 g fiber, and 1 g pro. Daily Values: 27% vit. A, 89% vit. C, 2% calcium, and 2% iron.
--_Better Homes and Gardens_, May 2001

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review