Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Accidental Potato Salad
      #56303 - 03/31/04 04:19 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I just thought I would post this as I made it by accident, trying to alter a spinach salad recipe and it turned out really well, and IBS attack free!
The recipe I was looking at said to serve it with a spinach salad, but I thought there is no way I can handle just spinach. I wanted to have some though, as I don't let myself get a lot of insoluble fiber (none, really) and think I should try to add bits in. Instead, I boiled up a bunch of baby potatoes and just cut them up into peices once they were soft. Then I tore up the spinach and just added as much as I thought was a good amount, without over doing it. Then I added enough balsamic vinegar to coat the potatoes and some olive oil.
I served it with a stuffed chicken recipe (that had cheese in it, so I won't be making that again) and it was _really_ good. Even my boyfriend, who is usually skeptical about me just making things up in the kitchen, really enjoyed it.
Just wanted to share!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Accidental Potato Salad new
      #176230 - 05/03/05 01:20 PM
tashablueyes

Reged: 05/03/05
Loc: Colorado, US

Am I crazy, or is the recipe not here?

#176246 - 05/03/05 01:55 PM
little suzy

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: Maine

I think the recipe was in the post (I've broken it up to clarify):

I boiled up a bunch of baby potatoes and just cut them up into peices once they were soft.

Then I tore up the spinach and just added as much as I thought was a good amount, without over doing it.

Then I added enough balsamic vinegar to coat the potatoes and some olive oil.

Was that it Steph? Sounds delicious. So you left the spinach raw? I would think it would also work if you steamed the spinach first. Have to try this soon!

#176257 - 05/03/05 02:19 PM
tashablueyes

Reged: 05/03/05
Loc: Colorado, US

Oh, duh, sorry I am home sick and just checking out the site... perhaps I shouldn't post until I have my fever down and my brain back, huh?
Thanks for re-posting it for me though.

Whoops! new
      #176327 - 05/03/05 06:23 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya!
Thanks for making that more clear for me. I should have posted it more like a recipe, sorry 'bout that!

Yeah, I just washed and tore up the raw spinach and put it in with the potatoes. Because the potatoes were still warm, it sorta cooked the spinach a bit.. at least, it softened it up.
I really liked it. I'm glad someone replied to this to remind me and I can make it again soon, hee hee.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5533

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review