Pages: 1
Apple Milk Drink (Sharbat)
      #47332 - 03/01/04 01:40 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Apple Milk Drink (Sharbat)
(Makes 2-4 servings)

This is a unique Moroccan drink. It was my first experience with rose water, and I loved it!

Ingredients:
2 red apples
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons rose water or orange flower water
2 cups cold soy milk
ice (optional)

1. Peel and cube the apples.
2. Place in the blender with sugar, rose water and soy milk.
3. Whirl at high speed 15 seconds.
4. Serve, with ice if desired, in small glasses.

Adapted from a recipe by Rita L at www.recipezaar.com

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Apple Milk Drink (Sharbat) new
      #47365 - 03/01/04 03:24 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Where do you find rose water or orange flower water? I think Heather has it in something in EFI, but I can't remember what, and I always wondered where you'd get it.

Kree, I saw you on www.recipezaar.com the other day. I was looking for some new recipes for my newsletter, and you always rave about it, so I figured I'd check it out. So, I just started on 100 posted from the day before (or something like that), and there you were! LOL I wasn't even looking for you. It was for an acorn recipe I think? I thought that was pretty funny!

Rose water new
      #47371 - 03/01/04 04:20 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I had trouble finding rose water, and I finally found it yesterday in a natural foods store. It was actually in with the scented oils and things instead of with the food, but it says on the label that it can also be used as a gourmet flavoring, and it hasn't killed me yet! Lol.

That's so funny that you saw my recipe on Zaar! Yes, I have a shortened name for it, lol. That must have been my "acorn squash a la Kree" that was just posted the other day. How fun! So did you find anything for your newsletter there?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Rose water new
      #47376 - 03/01/04 04:52 PM
*Melissa*

Yup - acorn squash a la Kree, that was the one! It looked very good, but reminded me of fall, so I printed it out for later.

I did use one, but I can't remember what it was. It may have been Chicken Milano? But, I'm still working on it, so I may go back for more. I got interrupted on Friday when I was working on it, and never got back to it yet. I do a monthly newsletter for work, and I have a section in there called, "Sweets, Meats, & Other Eats", where I usually have about 4 recipes or so. That was my first time on recipezaar though, and I really liked it. Will definitely be checking it out again.

For the rose water - I'll just keep looking. I wonder if they'd have it at Whole Foods? I've never tried looking for it yet - I always forget about it.

Whole Foods has it... new
      #47392 - 03/01/04 08:09 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

in the baking section by vanilla extract. Sometimes you can find it in regular grocery stores near booze mixers like Rose's lime juice and grenadine. Middle Eastern and Indian markets have it, some spice shops, and baking/pastry shops. And it's cheap!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Whole Foods has it... new
      #47406 - 03/02/04 03:45 AM
*Melissa*

Great! I will definitely be looking for it. Thanks Heather!

Re: Rose water new
      #47490 - 03/02/04 11:27 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I found rose water over by the Indian food section. I still haven't used it but I may have to try this recipe this afternoon. I am still looking for the orange water. We don't have a whole foods store around here. Maybe I should break down and order it online.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3507

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review