All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peaches?
      #4399 - 03/28/03 10:18 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Are peaches okay to eat peeled & uncooked? I have a recipe for broiled peaches that I really like & I want to know if it's still okay to use. The peaches just get kind of warm, but not really cooked.

I was going to peel the peaches first. If necessary, I thought of maybe microwaving the peaches also, then following the recipe.

Here's the recipe:

Broiled Peaches

4 medium-ripe peaches, halved and pitted
8 tablespoons sugar

Sprinkle peach halves with sugar. Place under broiler and broil about 5 to 7 minutes until sugar is caramelized.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Mags

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peaches? new
      #4400 - 03/28/03 10:23 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

OMG, that sounds wonderful and easy! Can't wait for my peaches to come now........

#4402 - 03/28/03 10:44 AM
*Melissa*

They really are SOOO GOOD!! And FAST!! Perfect in the summertime. But, I hope they are okay is the thing. I haven't had them since before Heather's diet.

#4403 - 03/28/03 10:56 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Peaches are suppose to be safer when they are peeled. It looks like they might get a little bit cooked. Everyone is different with what they can eat and how. If you are okay with fruit try it. If your not sure, how else are you going find out. If you can eat them, imagine how great it would be to have them when you want them. Right?

I was just thinking, can't you start broiling them first and then put the sugar on if you are worried about them not being cooked enough. If you do one side and then turn them over and sprinle them with sugar? That might work.

#4410 - 03/28/03 12:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You should be just fine. You can peel the peaches if you like - peeled (and especially as a dessert) you should have no problems. Even unpeeled raw ones (not on an empty stomach) should be okay - baked and softened they'll be even more tolerable.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4412 - 03/28/03 12:58 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

MMMMMMM Peaches. Now if only i could eat strawberries.....

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#4414 - 03/28/03 01:50 PM
*Melissa*

Thanks Heather! I do always have them as a dessert. I'm so glad, because this is one of my favs.

Thanks again!
Mags

#4415 - 03/28/03 01:51 PM
*Melissa*

This girl at work was eating fresh strawberries this morning and it was just killing me! I love strawberries! Now my mouth is watering! LOL

#4417 - 03/28/03 01:56 PM
*Melissa*

I liked your idea about doing one side & then the other--there's that genius in you shining through again!

I was also thinking the same about you'll never know till you try, but I wanted to jump in prepared as much as possible at least.

Thanks for your help!
Mags

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 348 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9678

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review