All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Turkey Zucchini Burgers
      #364671 - 05/10/11 05:08 PM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I found this really great recipe for turkey burgers. They are really, really good. I wanted to share it with everyone.

Turkey Burgers with Zucchini

Calories: 156 • Fat: 6.8 g •
Serving Size one burger

1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
1 small zucchini, grated
1/4 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tbsp red onion, grated
salt and fresh pepper
oil spray

In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Make 5 equal patties.

Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook on one side until browned, then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning and to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through.

Enjoy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oooh - I make something similar to this with TVP for a veggie version... new
      #364673 - 05/10/11 05:18 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

instead of the ground turkey I rehydrate TVP in veggie chicken broth. Other than that it's really similar to your recipe.

I serve on buns with Dijon mustard or even a little horseradish.

Thanks for the recipe!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Oooh - I make something similar to this with TVP for a veggie version... new
      #364674 - 05/10/11 05:21 PM
gizmo

That's a good idea too. I never thought of that!

Re: Turkey Zucchini Burgers new
      #364688 - 05/11/11 09:37 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I also have a recipe floating around thats carrot Zucchini bugers made from ground chicken. My dh loves these. Let me know if you would like the recipe or just try to do a search for it. Have a good day!
emamsmom
ibs-c gas

#364714 - 05/12/11 04:44 AM
gizmo

Ooh, those sound good too. I tried searching for it and couldn't find it. If you could send that one to me I would love to try it too. Thanks!!

#365566 - 07/19/11 06:14 AM
carat

Reged: 07/19/11

Due to friendly neighborhood gardeners, there is never a shortage of zucchini in our house...but they're all enormous!

Does anyone have a guess about the weight/volume of the grated "small zucchini" you're using to make this recipe? Thanks.

#365568 - 07/19/11 09:18 AM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

Those sound fab. I can't wait to start my new job at Publix so I can grab whatever ingredients I need to make these wonderful recipes. I love to cook and it's been a while since I could because I don't have the extra money right now. So what do you usually have with your burger to finish out your meal?

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

#365579 - 07/20/11 04:46 AM
gizmo

I'm so glad that you are interested in trying these burgers. They're fabulous. You can even make a bunch ahead of time and freeze them for future use and quick dinners. If you do freeze them what I've found out is that when you go to grill them leave them frozen instead of thawing them because they stay together and don't fall apart. When I would thaw them before we'd grill them they would sometimes fall apart a little bit.

To finish out the meal I generally make white rice to go with it. But you could do a baked potato or something like that too.

I hope you give them a try and enjoy them! Let me know what you think if you do!

#365580 - 07/20/11 04:54 AM
gizmo

That's great that you get zucchini from friendly neighborhood gardeners. I didn't plant zucchini in my garden this year because you always end up with too much and I never know what to do with it! I tried shredding it and freezing it one year and I never used it and it went to waste.

I'm thinking that maybe 6 ounces of shredded zucchini would be equal to a small zucchini. I'm not 100% positive. If you do more zucchini in the recipe that would be OK if it wasn't exact.

Good luck and let me know how they turn out!

#365582 - 07/20/11 07:21 AM
luckiest1

Reged: 10/22/10
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for this recipe...I have a lot of zucchini to use up right now! Mine are also not exactly small...

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20075

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review