All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Delicious Pumpkin Pie
      #362196 - 11/25/10 11:15 AM
Britt44

Reged: 05/27/09
Loc: Iowa

I guess it would have been more helpful to post this before the holiday, but it's still good year round. I don't recall where I found this, but it is wonderful even my very picky Dad (who thinks anything other than milk is the plague)likes it better than traditional (eggs, condensed milk, etc) pumpkin pie. It has all the flavor without the added fat. Here it is:

2 small boxes of vanilla flavored pudding (cooked, not instant)
2 cups almond milk
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
15oz 100% canned pumpkin
Prepared pie crust of choice (I like to use Keebler's reduced fat graham cracker crust, it doesn't seem to bother me)

In a medium sauce pan, whisk pudding, milk, and spice together. Add pumpkin and stir. Continue stirring over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Cool. Pour into prepared crust. Enjoy.

Alternatives:

(1)This is great to eat just as a pudding. Pour the filling into custard cups and enjoy.

(2) Pour filling into custard cups and crush graham cracker crumbs on top. It tastes just like the pie without the fat of the crust.

(3) Top with softened vanilla dairy-free icecream. Yum!

(4) Make your own pie spice (I love this recipe, I never buy it from the store):
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t ginger
1/4 t cloves

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I made this for christmas new
      #362677 - 12/26/10 03:56 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I made this for christmas and it was very good! I didn't make it into a pie, I just made the filling put it in little dessert glasses and put crushed grham crackers and a little rice whipped topping on top! I don't like pumpkin pie spice so I just add a 1/2 of tespoon of cinnamon. It very thick. I really like it and am enjoying the leftovers today. Thanks for posting it.
Emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: Delicious Pumpkin Pie new
      #362681 - 12/26/10 07:52 PM
seattleite

Reged: 01/07/10
Loc: Seattle

doesn't pudding have dairy in it of some sort like whey or milk powder? also is there gelatin in pudding? the thought of eating gelatin always freaks me out a little when you learn what its made out of

--------------------
IBS-D since 2008, female in her 20s

#362687 - 12/27/10 08:46 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Kraft vanilla Jell-o cook & serve pudding mix does not contain dairy or gelatin. It contains Sugar, Dextrose From Corn, Corn Starch, Corn Starch Modified, Contains less than 2% of Flavor(s) Natural, Flavor(s) Artificial, Salt, Calcium Carrageenan Thickener, Polysorbate 60 Prevent Scorching, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

However, you could forget the pudding and simply add vanilla, corn starch and sugar which would thicken and sweeten the mixture. It would also eliminate the artifical flavours and colors too.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#362951 - 01/16/11 08:28 AM
declanparkes

Reged: 01/16/11

Hello Everyone,

I know IBS is one of the most common disorders of digestive system producing a spectrum of symptoms.
I am suffering from this disease.
Anyone can tell me about its cure.
What are the reasons of this Disease?
Tell me some more good recipe for my diet...

#362957 - 01/16/11 08:58 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Post to the Eating board and those folks will be glad to help you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 307 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review