All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I got a bread machine
      #358739 - 05/18/10 06:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Please give me some tips. There is only one decent recipe in the instruction book. I want to make chewy and hearty french bread.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I got a bread machine new
      #358745 - 05/18/10 08:15 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Ooh your going to love it! There so easy to use and there's nothing like walking up to a just cooked loaf of bread.

There's a few recipes on allrecipes.com. but for my money the best recipes is the Crowd Pleasing Light Oatbread on the recipes index.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: I got a bread machine new
      #358871 - 05/24/10 03:44 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Typically French bread is has the form of a baguette shaped loaf. The bread machine is used to prepare the dough which is then manually shaped into the proper loaf and baked in the oven. Here is a recipe for Classic French bread

I use my bread machine to make sourdough bread using a culture that I have kept going for years.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

I used it! new
      #358897 - 05/25/10 06:21 PM
Little Minnie

I found a recipe online for peasant bread with bread flour. It was the best bread ever! but so filling! We ate almost all of it already. I am afraid we will gain weight (even if saving money) from this new device!
Also if I want to replace a little flour with WW flour how do I adapt the recipe?
Tomorrow I am making pizza dough so it will be ready when I get home from work.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

question new
      #358910 - 05/26/10 06:13 PM
Little Minnie

In recipes that call for a couple tablespoons of dry milk what can be subbed?

--------------------

Re: question new
      #358911 - 05/27/10 06:51 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I have read several times before you can leave this out and it doesn't hurt. It still turns out!hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#359256 - 06/13/10 05:20 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

I use dry soy milk powder. Or you can just add the amount of milk of choice instead of water and dried milk.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#359289 - 06/15/10 03:55 PM
Little Minnie

Thanks.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8454

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review