Pages: 1
Tortellini Soup
      #353340 - 12/19/09 07:39 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Tortellini Soup

Ingredients

3 cups vegetable broth (or use chicken broth if you prefer)
3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 package (9-ounce) Chicken & Proscuitto filled spinach tortellini (or filling-type that you can handle)
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into thin coins
3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
3/4 pound ripe plum tomatoes (about 4), seeded and chopped
1 bag (6-ounces) baby spinach
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions

1. In a large pot, bring broth, water and Italian seasoning to a boil. Add the tortellini and simmer for 3 minutes. Add carrots and celery and simmer for an additional 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach and simmer for 2 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and the spinach is wilted.

2. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

I suggest cooking the tortellini in a separate pot so you can drain and not overcook them. Add the tortellini to the soup once everything else is done.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tortellini Soup new
      #353341 - 12/19/09 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

there ya go

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

For Shell Marr new
      #353346 - 12/19/09 10:16 AM
Windchimes

I hope some day you will share your 'genie guru' secrets about adding pics to recipe posts. LOL

--------------------

Make your meal special and nutritious! new
      #353347 - 12/19/09 10:52 AM
Windchimes

This is a great basic recipe for a cold day. It can either be used as a first course, or for a complete meal with some warm crusty french bread.

I always keep cooked rice in my frig, so sometimes I add a tablespoon or two of rice to the bowl soup when serving myself. Other times I have a little leftover asparagus tips, frozen peas, green beans, or mushrooms, etc. I just add one or more of those items to this basic recipe and warm in the microwave right in my chosen serving bowl.

This tastes really good, warms the tummy on a cold day, and uses up leftover veggies to also boost nutrition. Some of us seniors really need things that are nutritious, easy to fix, and also that which looks appealing with a nutrition boost at the same time. Young children would enjoy this as well.

As an aside, I would say 'presentation' is also important. Find yourself a nice rimmed soup bowl with a pattern that appeals to you. Doing so, also makes the meal more special! Rimmed soup bowls not only present soup well, but also pasta dishes.

I shop thrift stores and yard sales on occasion for something special that I would enjoy eating out of or off of. I don't need an entire set of anything, and hunting for such something special to serve my food on can actually be a lot of fun.

I've heard and read that gourmet cooks say "Presentation is Everything!" Make your meal special in some way with your own presentation.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5909

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review