All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Jello Frosting
      #349118 - 08/16/09 08:48 PM
Britt44

Reged: 05/27/09
Loc: Iowa

I just had to post this recipe I found on Cooks.com. I love jello cake and was wanting something to replace the coolwhip with. This recipe was a great success. My Dad didn't even realize it was coolwhip substitute until after he'd eaten quite a bit of it.(how perceptive ). It can be a bit sweet so I recommend spreading just enough to cover the cake (also great on graham crackers).

Jello Frosting:
1cup sugar
1/2cup water
2tsp. Jello powder ( any flavor)
1/4tsp. cream of tartar
1 egg white
1/4tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar and water in saucepan and heat on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add Jello flavoring and boil for 2 minutes. Add cream of tartar and boil 3 1/2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from heat.

Place egg white in separate mixing bowl. Add hot mixture as you are mixing with an electric mixer at high speed. Beat until high peaks form. Add vanilla and beat 1 or 2 more minutes. Spread and enjoy!

*Keeps for 3 to 4 weeks in a tightly covered jar if beaten 2 or 3 minutes before using.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jello Frosting new
      #349124 - 08/17/09 07:06 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I love jello cake to but me and jello don't get along at all! I miss it my mom makes it every year at christmas! Yum!Marshmellow cream is also good for a frosting to.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#349126 - 08/17/09 09:54 AM
Britt44

Reged: 05/27/09
Loc: Iowa

Have you ever made homemade jello with a natural fruit juice that you can handle? I know I have seen them before, but I've never really paid much attention to them. Making a homemade jello and pouring it over the cake would probably work.
Marshmallow creme for a frosting sounds good too. I try to find low fat or fat free frosting recipes, but it's so hard to find any that have that nice creamy consistency butter gives it. Icings and seven minute frostings have been my limit so far, but I will try the marshmallow creme. Is there any way you can flavor it by adding vanilla or chocolate powder? I'm really missing a nice creamy vanilla frosting.

#349130 - 08/17/09 01:29 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I'm sure you could try like extracts that would give you unlimted choices like peppermint, or lemon, raspberry etc. I have tried using vegan jello but no luck just doesn't taste the same. Just eat a big peice for me the next time you have some!
hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3859

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review