All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Chocolate Chip Cookies Does this look safe?
      #342631 - 02/26/09 12:52 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I found this on the web and was wondering if this was ibs safe? Thanks
Choclate Chip Cookies
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large egg whites
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips (such as Sunspire)
Cooking spray
Preparation
Combine oil and syrup in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add sugars; stir with a whisk until well blended. Stir in vanilla and egg whites.

Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in chips; cover and chill 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pan 2 minutes or until firm. Remove from pan; cool on wire racks.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I would eat them -nt new
      #342642 - 02/26/09 01:56 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Chocolate Chip Cookies Does this look safe? new
      #342688 - 02/28/09 09:51 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Is the whole wheat pastry flour safe?? And could I sub it with regular flour?

Whole wheat flour new
      #342692 - 02/28/09 01:08 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Is the whole wheat pastry flour safe?? And could I sub it with regular flour?

Whether it's safe just depends on your own tolerance. When I first started on the EFI Diet I couldn't tolerate any whole grains but I do a little better with them now. You can certainly sub regular flour for the whole wheat. Or if you're trying to get more IF into your diet but feel unsure how much you can handle, try mostly regular flour and just a little whole wheat flour and see how you do.

This recipe looks like another Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on the Board and that older one has a discussion of flours and oils and fat content and so on that should be helpful.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Chocolate Chip Cookies Does this look safe? new
      #342729 - 03/02/09 03:39 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I just wanted to post that I made these cookies gluten free last night and they came out really really good - I've never had luck with gf cookies before! They are an amazing texture - crisp on the edges, nice and chewy in the middle!

If anyone is interested in my substitutions, here they are:

Instead of 2 1/2 cups flour, I used 1 cup buckwheat flour, 1 cup brown rice flour (could use white rice instead) and 1/2 cup potato starch.

I increased the baking soda to 1 1/2 tsp.

I added 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum.

I baked for 10 minutes instead of 8.

I have to say, I've never used corn syrup in cookies before, but it does wonders for binding gluten free flours together! There was no crumbling or grittiness!

--------------------
IBS-C

Witch one is lower in fat? new
      #342742 - 03/02/09 12:11 PM
emmasmom

I was just wondering witch one was lower in fat these that I just posted or the ones in the recipes index the Not moms choclate chip cookie thats made with butter and pumpkin thanks for the help.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

These are very good!-nt new
      #342766 - 03/03/09 07:19 AM
emmasmom

ANYONE DIFFERENT CHIPS?? Ghirardelli semi- sweet are they safe?? new
      #342942 - 03/06/09 05:28 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Any other store brand chips that are safe? What about Ghirardelli semi- sweet?? I bought some and I do use them like maybe 3 chips with a marshmallow and graham craker in the microwave and I have been ok.. Not sure about cookies thought...

Ingredients say: Semi Sweet chocolate, (Sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and emulsifier and vanilla.
Says its made in a facillaty that also makes products that contain milk, peanuts and tree nuts

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Re: ANYONE DIFFERENT CHIPS?? Ghirardelli semi- sweet are they safe?? new
      #342972 - 03/07/09 02:24 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

The Ghiradelli are fine ingredient-wise - no dairy - but they are high in fat so watch your quantity.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Whole wheat flour new
      #342985 - 03/07/09 08:25 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks for the help. I know I should get more IF in my diet, but I still get nervous. I think I will just sub regular flour now that I know I can. I really want to try these!!! Thanks again!

Stefanie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9336

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review