All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Garlic Bread
      #3414 - 03/20/03 01:37 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

I _love_ garlic bread. Anybody got any safe alternatives?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Garlic Bread new
      #3432 - 03/20/03 06:31 AM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I make mini garlic toast. Slice up french bread, add a tiny bit of marjarine sprinkle with garlic salt and if you want, add some grated cheddar soy cheese. Put in the oven for just a few minutes on broil (low) until cheese melts and the edges of the bread are brown. Fabulous with pasta!!

--------------------
Lorna

Re: Garlic Bread new
      #3445 - 03/20/03 09:37 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I make a version that has never given me trouble at all. But, I've also been using a LOT of garlic for a lot of years, so if you normally use just a little I'd tone down the recipe.

I take several big fresh garlic cloves and puree them till they're a smooth spread. Either use a little mini food processor, or blender, or whack them with a broad heavy knife, chop finely, then keep whacking and smearing with the flat side of the knife till you have a paste. Adding in some coarse salt as you chop/smear really helps make the paste smooth.

I add the paste to just a teaspoon or so of olive oil, then spread the paste on horizontally sliced baguettes and broil till brown. Basically, the paste is all garlic and just enough oil to bind it. The broiling takes the bite out, and I think the salt tones things down too.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4574

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review