All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Beans!
      #3357 - 03/19/03 04:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I tried doing a search for bean recipes and nothing came up--I'm new at searching so if I missed a recipe--bare with me!
Does anyone have any good bean soup, refried beans, or any other bean recipes they can share? I'd be SO GREATFUL!!!!!!
THANKS BUNCHES!
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Beans! new
      #3364 - 03/19/03 05:12 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Ruchie! I never tried this but here is a recipe I watched Heather make before: web page Also, she has a black bean dip (also never tried yet) that some others were raving about the other day that's in Eating for IBS.

Hope that helps!
Mags

#3367 - 03/19/03 05:22 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks SO much! This recipe has tons of ingredients I don't have yet--but maybe I'll have some fun and buy some new stuff the next time I'm at the store! In the meantime, I'll have to check First Year IBS out and search for the other recipe there (I forgot there are some recipes in that book too--thanks for the reminder!) Hope you're having a great night--thanks again!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#3370 - 03/19/03 05:32 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

The dip recipe is in Eating for IBS...I think that's what recipe you were talking about when you said you'd have to check for the other recipe in First Year....jeez, now you got me all confused. LOL

Mags

#3409 - 03/19/03 11:15 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

My only bean soup recipe, well, it calls for ham, which would make it both unsafe for IBS and not kosher, sorry.

But I do have a quick meal suggestion that I actually was going to post anyway.

Take a chicken/turkey/vegetarian hot dog, slice it into chunks, and fry it in a small (6- or 8-inch) skillet sprayed with nonstick spray until the hot dog is browned and crispy around the edges. Then pour into the skillet a small can of vegetarian baked beans. Stir well and eat once the mixture is hot, mashing the beans up as necessary for your particular tummy. (Personally, I find that canned baked beans are so mushy they're not a problem unless I overdo in terms of quantity.) Serve with French or sourdough bread. Serves 1-2. Good with an equally mushy green vegie on the side, if you can handle it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5000

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review