All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Almond Fudge Cake Can it Be fixed?
      #320299 - 12/09/07 10:15 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I found this recipe in light and tastey I was wondering if it could be revised. & How would I use a egg replacer besides egg whites for this? thanks
emmasmom
Ibs-c

Almond Fudge Cake
4 egg whites
1 cup fat-free milk
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon almond extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

RASPBERRY SAUCE:
2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
12 fresh raspberries

DIRECTIONS:

In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, milk, water, applesauce and extract until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg white mixture until blended (batter will be thin).

Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chips. Place pan on a baking sheet.

Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool completely.

For sauce, puree the raspberries in a food processor or blender; strain to remove seeds. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Spoon sauce onto dessert plates; top with cake wedges. Garnish each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a raspberry.

Yield: 12 servings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Almond Fudge Cake Can it Be fixed? Anyone? new
      #320324 - 12/10/07 07:33 AM
emmasmom

Re: Almond Fudge Cake Can it Be fixed? new
      #320328 - 12/10/07 08:13 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

You could use anyone one of the egg replacements that I gave you in that earlier post- X2. You would use twice the amount because this recipe calls for 4 egg whites. 4 egg whites = 2 eggs. The replacement I gave you was for one egg so you would need to double it. As for the whipped topping I would leave it out all together.

About the egg replacements, you might have to play around with them to find the best one for your recipe. Dont change the formula just find the one you like the best and tastes the best with the recipe. Though you shouldn't notice to much of a taste difference. Since there will be no eggs in your recipe the texture will change a little. You can add a little arrowroot powder/cornstarch with the dry ingredents to make things not so crumbly.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#320331 - 12/10/07 08:21 AM
MelanieR

Let us know how it turns out. I posted another replacement that I had forgoten.

Your recipe looks really good and my husband loves Almond. I think I will make this for him. Good luck

--------------------

Edited by MelanieR (12/10/07 08:22 AM)

#320851 - 12/17/07 07:49 AM
MelanieR

I finally made this last night. It is so good, moist, rich, fudgy and delish. (I think it might be my new favorite.) I made the raspberry sauce out of seedless all fruit jelly. I added 2-3 tsp of lemon juice (I just eyeballed it) and heated it up on the stove untill it mixed together. We then spooned some over the top. It was wonderful. Thanks for posting it.

--------------------

Your welcome new
      #320884 - 12/17/07 01:56 PM
emmasmom

I am glad you enjoyed it! I am looking for a choclate cake to take for christmas maybe I'll make this!By the way the egg replacers are working out good I made sugar christmas cookies last night and they turn out great! My dh&daughter loved them. thanks again!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Re: Your welcome new
      #320887 - 12/17/07 02:27 PM
MelanieR

Glad to hear things are working for you.

--------------------

Hi me again melanie new
      #321046 - 12/20/07 09:51 AM
emmasmom

Hi I was wondering what you use for milk cause i was going to use almond?& i'm not much of a alomnd person i was going to leave it out and add perpermint or just leave it plain and add marshamellow cream for the top with crushed candy canes. I am looking for a simple cholate cake!! Oh and did you use the egg replacers?? thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c

Re: Hi me again melanie new
      #321056 - 12/20/07 01:09 PM
MelanieR

I use soy milk. I'm sure almond milk would work great (They are interchangeable). It probably would be wonderful because it would taste more almond-y. I didn't use the egg replacers. Sorry. I think this cake was easy. I really, really enjoyed it. You could leave out the almond and add any number of extracts. Vanilla, peppermint, caramel, orange, lemon, coconut, really anything that tastes good with chocolate. You could also use different chips. The marshamello cream on top sounds wonderful. I'm going to try that for sure. If you use the marshamello cream I think that vanilla extract would be a good with that. I used the raspberry jelly with the lemon juice. (look back in earlier post.) But with all the leftovers we just ate it plain. Nothing on top. It was wonderful. I think I will use this for my chocolate cake recipe. I think it is really adaptable.

--------------------

thanks again merry christmas-nt new
      #321094 - 12/21/07 07:08 AM
emmasmom

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6836

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review