All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals new
      #8175 - 05/02/03 10:43 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Quote:

I have found that the IBS recipes take such a long time and I have trouble keeping up with all the ingredients because there alot that I don't have.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to quickly stock my cupboards with new ingredients? Also - any quick meal ideas? (IE: Thyme, and those types of ingredients - because I think soon I will have tons of these little ingredients and not use them very often)

I work two jobs and don't get home until later and my husband only knows how to make hamburger helper or fried eggs and bacon lol.

Any suggestions would help...I just find it so difficult to experiment with new meal ideas because I find these meals in the cookbook to take so long and because I don't want to find something else to make if it doesn't turn out lol.

I am 24 years old and have never really had to cook meals before because I was always able to buy the quick meals.

Lana_Marie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#8176 - 05/02/03 10:45 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Sorry I didn't make this post and was doing something and it made it look like my post.
OOPS!
Georgette

Re: Dinner in a Bag new
      #18427 - 08/24/03 05:49 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I was looking over this recipe to make soon. At what point do you add the macaroni?

Thanks!

#18432 - 08/24/03 06:55 PM
Tim G

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: NSW, Australia

Hi Lana-Marie,

Yes...I feel the same. One thing that I have started doing though is to take advantage during the weekends, and make an extra couple of portions to freeze down and re-heat. Eventually you build up quite a stock-pile.

All the best
Tim

--------------------
Tim

-A poor man's Jamie Oliver...without the attitude!

Re:Sorry Mags-NT new
      #18473 - 08/25/03 06:11 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Re: When to put in the macoroni new
      #18474 - 08/25/03 06:14 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I forgot a whole section of the instructions

Bring tomatoes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 min. Stir in macaroni: cover and simmer for 15 min. Uncover and simmer until macaroni is tender and sauce it thickened.

No problem! Thank you! -nt- new
      #18486 - 08/25/03 09:30 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Cats for dinner? new
      #18507 - 08/25/03 01:47 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hey, now that's an idea! Kind of like that bumper sticker that says, "I like cats. They taste like chicken." Just had to laugh. Thought it was appropriate that the subject of cats came up on a recipe board.
Beaglelover

#18958 - 08/29/03 05:47 AM
mmacrobbie

Reged: 02/12/03

If you are still looking for quick meal ideas, I stock my freezer with basic frozen veggies. In my local grocery store they sell diced peppers and diced onions, as well as frozen potatoes (hash browns/diced). The potatoes are not processed and find it is much easier to get a meal together if you do not have to chop everything up. If I do need to chop veggies, I usually buy more and chop up a bunch and put in serving size freezer bags. I also back double batches of different breads and freeze them too.
I noticed you had a lot of herbs (assuming dried). If you have parsley/rosemary/oregano/basil you can dip chicken in and bake or put on a george forman grill. I have a whole bunch of different blends and just sprinkle on and cook chicken and pork. In addition I try and make a bunch of stuff on days off, like an egg beater quiche, with no crust. So long as I have enough left overs in my fridge, my husband can figure out how to put on a plate and reheat in the microwave. Amazing how men seem to skip out of this! Feel for you on the busy with work, and hubby not able/willing to cook....same at my house

Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals-- george forman Qs new
      #19173 - 08/31/03 12:59 PM
kiks

Reged: 08/19/03

I am a college student, and I'd love more suggestions for using the george forman! Do you just dip the chicken in herbs without oil or anything on it? Do you ever grill veggies on it?? Thanks!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 441 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 207228

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review