Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What do you do with risotto
      #304080 - 04/05/07 10:22 AM
snoopy101

Reged: 05/10/05
Loc: Michiana USA

I know how yummy it is.

But is it a side dish, dessert, or main dish?

--------------------
Wife to a teriffic husband. Mother to 6 awesome kids.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What do you do with risotto new
      #304082 - 04/05/07 10:27 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
well.... I would use it either as a main dish or to have with something else for example...
I might have risotto and a piece of chicken. Or if I was having it as a main dish I might put in a tin of tuna and mix it up with the risotto and so it becomes a main dish. You can incoperate some veggies in there too. I really like spinach in my risotto.
I've never tried it as a pudding but I suppose you could have it like a rice pudding so just use milk rather than stock, maybe put some lemon zest or raisons in?

Re: What do you do with risotto new
      #304149 - 04/05/07 07:55 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Most of the time I make it a side dish but I have a few recipes for main dish. One is with salmon and meyer lemon with a tiny drizzle of fancy olive oil on top. That is very good. Usually I make a side dish with mushrooms and asparagus.
Put shallots/onions in a pan with olive oil, saute, add fresh garlic, then arborio rice. Stir til all coated with oil. Add mushrooms then wine (if using dried mushrooms add the mushroom water). Stir until wine is gone. Then add a full cup of stock whenever you can get the spoon to leave a trail in the rice. I used to add too little stock at one time and my risotto was ok but better with more stock at a time. I just saw it once on a cooking show and thought 'oh I have been doing it wrong all this time'. Anyway, you add warm stock and stir constantly or around there, until the rice is not chalky and hard anymore. This is when usually you would add parmesan but a drizzle of EVOO or margarine would be good too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2047

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review