All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather's Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
      #302341 - 03/15/07 03:44 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I made this tonight and it's delicious! I did a search but didn't find any answers to my questions so here goes:

1.Is there an easier way to grate the zucchini? I want to make a double batch but grating that much zucchini takes a while. Has anyone used a blender?

2. This is more for breads in general, has anyone tried making them with less sugar?

Thanks,

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather's Cinnamon Zucchini Bread new
      #302345 - 03/15/07 04:37 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Hi Kat,

I ALWAYS make the double batch. Unfortunately, that means grating about 6 or 7 zucchinis! No short cut that I know of.

Could you use something like Stevia instead of sugar? That's IBS-safe, isn't it?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#302346 - 03/15/07 06:06 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Yeah I guess I'll just make the double batch, alternate arms and count it as a work-out for the day LOL. This bread is sooo good, I like it even more than banana bread (although I haven't tried Heather's banana bread yet).

I haven't thought of a replacement for sugar, like Stevia, but was more thinking of cutting down the sugar content. But I think I like this bread enough to eat it as desert (instead of brownies or cake) and so that already is cutting out sugar from my diet.

My new goal is to bake bread once a week, double-batches so I can freeze a loaf to take out when I don't have time for baking/cooking. I can't believe how much I love this bread!

--------------------
Kat

#302348 - 03/15/07 06:35 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

It's one of my favorites!! I eat it as an afternoon snack sometimes. One day each month I bake about four loaves of bread (two different kinds) and freeze them. That way I always have a quick snack in the house!

Heather's banana bread is quite yummy, but I like the zucchini bread better. Actually, my absolute favorite is the Pumpkin Apple Spice bread! YUM!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#302357 - 03/15/07 10:08 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I always make it with half sugar and half stevia. The stevia I have measures 1 teaspoon for 1 cup of sugar, so I just substitute.

Generally, I also reduce the cinnamon amount at least twice and it still doesn't have stevia's herbal taste. I think the zucchini takes care of that somehow.

Shredding - how about a food processor? They generally have a shredding disk don't they? I've heard those don't work (never used that disk on my food processor), but I would use the slicing disk, slice the squashes, and then do a couple pulses to make the slices even smaller. That should do it...

#302378 - 03/16/07 09:57 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

As I make this bread just for me (well, everyone else in my family seem to be able to eat all the yummy stuff that I can't!) I divide the mix into 12 paper cake cases (smaller than muffin cases)and bake it that way. It doesn't take as long as in a loaf tin (keep checking after 20 mins)and i can freeze the whole batch and just take out a cake at a time as needed. I usually pop one in my lunch bag to take to work - very convenient!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2194

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review