All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sweet salamy
      #301072 - 03/01/07 05:35 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Another one from my grandma. It has a lot of nuts, so it's high in fat and IF. Careful with quantities, LOL.

Sweet salamy

Ingredients:
- 250 g animal crackers. That's almost 9 oz
- 2 eggs, 4 egg whites or 4 tablespoons of honey (make sure it's not buckwheat, use some less personal one, like acacia, orange, clover, I prefer acacia)
- 100 g butter -- substitute all with applesauce, baby food pear or whatever you like, you don't really need the butter anyway. I substitute 3/4 and leave 1/4 just for the flavor, LOL. 100g butter is 3.5 oz
- 1 c. confectioners sugar -- use MORE. Confectioner's sugar in my homeland is much sweeter. I use at least 1.5 cups of sugar for this desert.
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder (dutch processed is prefered, or put Nesquick). I never measure this, I usually just put to taste.
- 200 g chopped walnuts or nuts of your preference. I'd think pecans would be OK, almonds, I don't know. 200g = 7 oz

Chop the crackers (the food processor is such a blessing!) very finely (almost into a powder) and the nuts if you need to chop them.

Mix the crackers, cocoa, and the nuts together.

In a separate bowl, cream the sugar and butter (if using butter), add the applesauce(or whatever you're using), eggs, egg whites or honey, mix well.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet (or the wet to the dry) and mix well. It will form a sort of batter.

Roll the batter into a thick salamy on a aluminum foil sheet. Freeze.

If you are using eggs, make sure not to thaw it too long before eating, because they are raw. If using honey, you can thaw it as much as you want, LOL.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 911

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review