All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake
      #285700 - 10/08/06 08:01 PM
Tilden

Reged: 08/13/06
Loc: Bay Area

This receipe is from Cooking Light, Sept 2005.
I'm listing my modifications next to the original. I'm a newbie at adjusting receipes so suggestions for better options are welcome!

Cake:
Cooking spray
2 tbs granulated sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened (I used Smart Balance Light)
1 tbs grated lemon rind
4 large eggs (I used 1 cup egg subst)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (16 oz.) container reduced fat sour cream (the soy sour cream I had was only 12 oz., so I added some soy milk for additional moisture)
2 cups fresh blueberries (I used thawed frozen ones)

Glaze (I did not make the glaze):
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbs fresh lemon juice

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Coat a 12 in. bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tbs granulated sugar (I used less than 1). Set aside
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
4. Place 1 3/4 c. sugar, butter and rind in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at med. speed until well blended (about 2 min). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (about 4 min total). Beat in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour mixture, beat at medium speed just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 min on a rire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over cooled cake.

Yield: 16 servings (serving size 1 slice). Original receipe lists 299 calories per serving, 23% from fat.

***Either my pan was a little small, or one of my modifications caused the cake to rise about an inch out of the pan. Just something to watch for (I found my cake pressed into the rack above when I checked at 45 min!)

Also I let it cook the full hour but seemed just slightly overcooked so you may want to check earlier to see if it is done sooner.

It was very tasty, the combo of the lemon and blueberry is really lovely.

--------------------
Jen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 918

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review