All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Any no how to use squash as a tomtoe sub for lasagna?
      #285456 - 10/06/06 02:53 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I need a recipe for suash asa tom sub cause i miss lasagna and tom sauce is a trigger for me. I would appericate any pasta recipes thanks alot!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

October Harvest Lasagna new
      #285477 - 10/06/06 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

October Harvest Lasagna

Recipe Adapted from Pasta for All Seasons, by Robin Robertson (Harvard Common Press, 2001).
web page

Simple Solution:
Wild mushrooms, butternut squash, and pecans make this lasagna truly extraordinary.

Perfect for autumn gatherings of all kinds, this golden delight is warming and hearty, and it's satisfyingly creamy even without dairy.

You'll be surprised how quick it is to make: using a blender or food processor cuts preparation time to practically nothing. And this is just about the best way we know of to get your kids to eat their healthy orange squash, so high in beta-carotene. They will love this recipe as much as you will!

INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, minced
1 pound butternut squash, peeled and coarsely grated
1 garlic clove, minced
8 ounces porcini mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound lasagna noodles
1 pound soft tofu
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
1 cup shredded soy mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375F.

2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, squash, and garlic, and cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add the mushrooms, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.

2. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Combine the tofu, soy milk, and salt to taste in a food processor and process until well blended. Spread a thin layer of the tofu mixture in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange a layer of the noodles on top of the tofu mixture, and top with half of the squash mixture. Sprinkle with half of the pecans. Top with layers of the remaining squash, noodles, and tofu. Top with the cheese and the remaining pecans and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.

Serves 8.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: October Harvest Lasagna new
      #285486 - 10/06/06 05:03 PM
littlesages

Reged: 05/25/06
Loc: Florida

Hi Shell Marr I am a big fan of your recipes.. this is the second time I post, had to share. I make a similar Butternut Squash Lasagna from Giada on Food Network.. very similar, I have made a couple of times for company and it's a hit, thought I'd share 1) Barilla makes no-bake lasagna noodles that turn out great, just lay them in the pan according to recipe saves the boiling step. 2) if you don't have tofu on hand or don't want to open a package just make a roux with some IBS safe spread and flour, then add soy milk little by little to make a classic white sauce/bechamel sauce. This can be seasoned with a bit of nutmeg for a true Italian white sauce touch. Also a handful of fresh herbs can be pureed into the white sauce... also in my recipe there is a secret, magic ingredient in the butternut layer that adds so much depth and yumminess and no one can ever guess it.. 3 amaretti cookies, Stella Dora Almond Biscuits do just fine.. thought I would share, it is a fantastic way to get the totally safe squash in! Kara

--------------------
On the tips of ten thousand grasses
each and every dewdrop contains
the light of the moon.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review