All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Whatcha think? Fish Stew
      #280530 - 08/31/06 12:36 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I thought this looked good. Highly doubt you need 6 tbsp of olive oil. Safe?

Preparation time: 25 minutes. Dad's been making this soup for several years now. It is incredibly easy to make, given how tasty the results. The key ingredient is the clam juice, though I have prepared it for people with shellfish allergies substituting the clam juice with white wine, fish stock, or water. It works, just not quite as tasty. Works well with white fish, I've used cod, tilapia, sole with good results.

6 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup of chopped onions
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup of fresh chopped tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato)
8 oz of clam juice (or shellfish stock)
2/3 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 lb fish fillets (use halibut, cod, sole, sea bass, shark, orange roughy), cut into 2-inch pieces
Touch of dry oregano, Tabasco, thyme, pepper
2 tsp of tomato paste.

1 Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato, tomato paste and cook 2 minutes longer.

2 Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish and simmer until fish is cooked through, less than 10 minutes. Add seasoning. Ladle into bowls and serve.

Serves 4.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Safe! Sounds tasty, too! new
      #280578 - 08/31/06 08:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I agree - I don't think 6 tbsp of oil is necessary. As long as you watch the pan and keep stirring, 1 tbsp should be sufficient for sauteing.

Re: Safe! Sounds tasty, too! new
      #280598 - 09/01/06 07:52 AM
chupie

I think I am going to try it this weekend. Let you know how it is. It really sounds yummy to me. I'm thinkint maybe some spinach and mushrooms might not be a bad addition and some crusty bread.

I'd like to know how it turns out ... new
      #280616 - 09/01/06 09:39 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

we're trying to eat more fish and are getting a bit sick of breading it and pan-frying it. We are both very anti-citrus which rules out most fish recipes. Anyway, please do post back and let us know how it is ... I have 3 lbs of cod in the freezer.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: I'd like to know how it turns out ... new
      #280654 - 09/01/06 01:51 PM
chupie

I will! I got most of the ingredients today. I think it will be really tasty though. Sure is easy.

Easy and good! new
      #280763 - 09/03/06 09:17 PM
chupie

This is surprisingly tasty for such a short list of ingredients. You could really mess around with seasonings and adjust it. Thumbs up. Took about a half hour to make and looks very pretty. With crusty bread and fresh fruit it is a lovely and different meal.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3766

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review