All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ridiculously easy grilled salmon
      #278500 - 08/16/06 05:19 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

We got this recipe from the man who sold us a terribly overpriced jar of mango chutney at the farmer's market. The recipe is worth the price of the chutney.

We've only made this with salmon fillets, but you could make it with salmon steaks if you prefer. You can use any flavor chutney you like, but I think sweet (like mango or peach) would be better than not so sweet (like tomato).

Put each piece of salmon on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. If you're using fillets with skin, put skin side down. Crimp the foil up at the edges to make a sort of bowl effect so the liquid stays with the fish. Spread chutney over the top of the salmon. Place on the grill and cook until done, probably about 20 minutes. Easy, delicious, and no cleanup. You need some kind of high SF, low fat side dish with this - I like white rice. Enjoy.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow! Awesome idea! -nt- new
      #278505 - 08/16/06 06:40 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Made this in the oven last night (m) new
      #327705 - 04/03/08 08:43 AM
Sand

Instead of putting the aluminum "bowl" with the salmon and chutney on the grill, put it on a cookie sheet. Place in an oven pre-heated to 400 degrees and cook for about 20 minutes or until done. Still yummy this way.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Ridiculously easy grilled salmon new
      #327713 - 04/03/08 09:51 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I do this in the oven with a soy sauce, ground ginger, and marmelade mix! Soooooo good!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: Ridiculously easy grilled salmon new
      #327718 - 04/03/08 11:46 AM
Sand

That does sound good. I like the little bit of heat in the chutney and I bet the ginger gives that to the marmalade.

Have you seen the recipe for Chicken Chutney Mustard? It's the same idea for chicken and it's ridiculously easy and very, very good.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 296 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3964

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review