All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REQ: Turkey Sausage patties
      #267388 - 06/03/06 08:15 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

Way back when I was a little girl, my mom used to make a weight watcher's recipe for Turkey Sausage. I remember it used ground turkey (duh) and had several spices, the only one I remember being sage. It was very tasty. I've been very hungry for it and we cannot find the recipe. Does anyone here happen to know it. (this was from the 70's).

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

WEIGHT WATCHERS HERBED TURKEY BURGERS new
      #267445 - 06/03/06 04:09 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Could this be it?

WEIGHT WATCHERS HERBED TURKEY BURGERS

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 c. finely shredded carrots
1/2 c. finely chopped onions
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, combine turkey with remaining ingredients. Mix well. Shape into 4 burgers.
Place burgers in a preheated nonstick skillet that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray. Cook over medium heat, turning several times, until burgers are done. If you prefer, burgers can be placed on a rack under the broiler or on a barbecue grill and cooked until done.

Burgers can be served plain, or placed on a bun and topped with sliced vegetables, such as lettuce, tomato and onion. If using buns be sure to count the bread exchanges. Makes 4 servings.

Exchanges: 1/2 V; 3 P; (1 B if using light buns: 2 B if regular buns).

www.cooks.com

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: WEIGHT WATCHERS HERBED TURKEY BURGERS new
      #267448 - 06/03/06 04:32 PM
chupie

No, this was actually "turkey sausage". But this sounds really good too. I found a recipe I think may be similar. I think I'll halve my turkey and do some up that way and some up this. Make more variety! Thanks!

COUNTRY STYLE TURKEY SAUSAGE new
      #267467 - 06/03/06 07:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

How about this?

COUNTRY STYLE TURKEY SAUSAGE

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
1 slightly beaten egg white
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely snipped dried apples or 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh apple
3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Dash ground red pepper
8 ounces lean ground turkey breast

Directions
1. Lightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray; set aside. Combine egg white, onion, apples, oats, parsley, salt, sage, nutmeg, black pepper, and ground red pepper in a medium bowl. Add turkey; mix well. Shape mixture into eight 2-inch-diameter patties.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 10 to 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once. Drain off fat. Makes 8 servings.

webpage

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: COUNTRY STYLE TURKEY SAUSAGE new
      #267471 - 06/03/06 08:46 PM
chupie

Gee, that sounds good too. And you would get a wee bit of fiber (I am still having a hard time how to work fiber up to the level they say you should have for constipation).

Re: REQ: Turkey Sausage patties new
      #268207 - 06/07/06 06:43 PM
chupie

OK, I modified the following recipe by cutting it in to a third of the amount (pretty easy conversion so I will leave it as is) and basically taking out the olive oil. Doesn't need it. Definitely let it sit over night as the spices soften and meld. I made little log sausages. Yesterday and today I cooked two or three up on the George Foreman for lunch and had them with mustard and 1/2 of a microwaved red potato. I saved the other half and warmed it up today for lunch. Quite tasty. After that I had some fruit. This is very tasty and would probably freeze well (I think I would cook them first and then freeze? Or does that matter? The turkey was free range that I bought at the health store and it was frozen, so I didn't know if I should freeze them now or cook them. I still can't decide and it's probably too late and I will have to chuck half of them but maybe someone here will know if I should freeze them raw or cook them first). Anywho, a good meal, not too big but tasty.

Ingredients:
3 lb ground turkey
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper, freshly cracked

Instructions:
Mix all but turkey very well, then mix in turkey till well blended. Form into cylinders about 3" in diameter and refrigerate overnight. Cut into patties and fry in very hot frying pan. Be careful to allow patties to caramelize, but not to dry out. Serve immediately.

#268297 - 06/08/06 10:51 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't think it matters if you cook them first or not. "They" say that you're not supposed to re-freeze raw meat once it's been frozen and thawed, but every package of meat I buy from the grocery store has been frozen and thawed, and I refreeze them, and I haven't died yet. Seriously, I'm sure it would be fine. Just be sure to cook thoroughly once you do cook them.

And those sound great! I'll have to try that - I used to be able to buy premade turkey sausage at our grocery store, but they've stopped carrying it (jerks!). Thanks for posting that!

#268323 - 06/08/06 01:16 PM
chupie

These are definitely tastier than storebought and very easy. What you say is true about freezing. Definitey trying next time. Also, these don't *have* to be rolled into logs. Patties are probably simpler.

#269970 - 06/17/06 01:16 PM
chupie

Taking the advice of those that have not perished eating refrozen meat that has always been refridgerated, I made my next batch and split it into those little 1/2 cup glad containers. Whats really nice is one of those make a great little patty, just the right serving size. So they are really easy to quick fix for supper. Take it out of the freezer in the morning and defrost in fridge while at work (or at bed if you want it for morning) and cook on the George Forman. They cook up nice and carmelized in about 3 to 4 minutes. I can't tell you guys how pleased I am with this recipe. More fast food that is not fast food.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5213

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review