All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cooked pudding
      #265969 - 05/27/06 06:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am going backpacking and was wondering if I could bring cook and serve pudding mix (maybe half package) and an individual rice or soy milk. But then the cook and serve pudding says it needs eggs and water. So has anyone made the cook and serve pudding and if so how?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: cooked pudding new
      #265977 - 05/27/06 08:02 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

In my health food store they carry individual packages of soy pudding. They are just like the snack pack puddings that we put in our kids lunches. Already made and they would be perfect for traveling. I can't remember who makes them. Maybe these would work for you.

Have fun!

--------------------
Janey

huh... new
      #265989 - 05/27/06 09:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've never seen packaged cook-and-serve pudding mix that calls for eggs. I use Jello brand, and all it needs is the milk.

yeah new
      #266086 - 05/28/06 05:43 PM
Little Minnie

I think what I have is pie filling or something. I looked at pudding mix today and it just called for milk. I was pretty confused by the other package since I had always thought you added milk and cooked!
So I might bring that on our trip. A half package and a single serve soy milk.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

backpacking black bottom banana cream pies new
      #267588 - 06/04/06 06:23 PM
Little Minnie

1/2 box banana cook and serve pudding mix
1 individual size soy milk (regular or vanilla)
4 mini ready made graham pie crusts (for some reason the little ones I found had no HFCS when the big ones do)
4 squares dark dairy free chocolate

Mix soy milk and pudding mix in a small saucepan and stir constantly over low heat until it comes to a gentle boil. Continue stirring a few seconds and remove from heat. Pour into 4 mini shells with a piece of chocolate on the bottom. Garnish with chocolate flakes if desired.
Serves only 2 (let's not kid ourselves!)
This was the most amazing treat when backpacking and only weighed about 12 oz maybe.

--------------------

These sound delicious! What an awesome backpacking treat! new
      #267701 - 06/05/06 10:00 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: backpacking black bottom banana cream pies new
      #268132 - 06/07/06 12:31 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Dang, I wanna go camping with you now! Lake Superior *and* yummy dessert - heaven!

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3366

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review